Priceline Hotel: seattle hotel august 17

pat61
By pat61,
in

I am going to be in Seattle one night leaving on the Amtrak train early in the morning. I have tried a few bids without success. It looks like the 3.5* rooms are over $100 for 8/17 Friday night. If I wait until the last minute, I have a backup hotel, would it be likely the prices will drop? When bidding at the last minute what would last minute bidding be, 3 days before or the week before?

Otherwise what would you recommend bidding for a 2.5* in the downtown area (Pike Place). We want to be somewhat close to the Amtrak Station on King St.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you bidding only Pike Place or the Space Needle zone too?

Where and how much is your back-up reservation? What is your maximum bid for a 2* hotel in the zone(s) you're currently bidding?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was only bidding on Pike Place but I could expand to the Space Needle zone. The backup is the Moore Hotel with a shared bath for $75. I would be willing to go to $75 if a 2* is better than the Moore. Any suggestions on what is a reasonable bid for a 2* and what I would likely get?

Is last minute bidding (say within 72 hours) very successful? Would prefer something nicer if possible and would be willing to go up to $90.

Sub-$100 is likely going to be tough for anything downtown at any star level... your best chance for something under $100 would be to stay by the Airport and then take the LightRail to Downtown or the Amtrak Station. So it will come down to whether you want a nicer hotel with a private bath outside of Downtown/Amtrak (but easy enough to get to via mass transit) OR a shared bath hotel with a downtown location.

If the Moore is still your preference over staying downtown and commuting, we can still suggest a strategy for you to try for the Downtown zones, as maybe you get lucky, but at current prices i think it will be out of your budget. If you want to bid let us know if we can use $99 as the maximum bid and if using 2* as the minimum star rating, if you want to first try higher star ratings up to your limit before lowering your star rating OR if the least expensive 2* or better would be the goal for this overnite.

Sub-$100 is likely going to be tough for anything downtown at any star level... your best chance for something under $100 would be to stay by the Airport and then take the LightRail to Downtown or the Amtrak Station. So it will come down to whether you want a nicer hotel with a private bath outside of Downtown/Amtrak (but easy enough to get to via mass transit) OR a shared bath hotel with a downtown location.

If the Moore is still your preference over staying downtown and commuting, we can still suggest a strategy for you to try for the Downtown zones, as maybe you get lucky, but at current prices i think it will be out of your budget. If you want to bid let us know if we can use $99 as the maximum bid and if using 2* as the minimum star rating, if you want to first try higher star ratings up to your limit before lowering your star rating OR if the least expensive 2* or better would be the goal for this overnite.

I am a little bit confused by the last reply. If you want to bid let us know if we can use $99 as the maximum bid and if using 2* as the minimum star rating, if you want to first try higher star ratings up to your limit before lowering your star rating OR if the least expensive 2* or better would be the goal for this overnite.

It sounds like you would bid for me. Please clarify. Last night I did try for the Space Needle and Pike Place up to $99 for 3.5* without luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]