Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) The Waldorf-Astoria

AlwaysBooking
By AlwaysBooking,
in

Hi - I'm headed back to the Big Apple again for a few days arriving 8/15 and departing 8/18. I checked a few OTA sites and see the rates don't seem to be as crazy high as they were when I was there last month. Do you think I might reasonably expect to get a 4* in MTE, ESB, Chelsea, HK, MTW, Downtown, Soho/Tribeca, or TS for $160 or less? If so, would you be able to offer a strategy? I figure if it doesn't work, I'll still have time to either add other zone(s) or increase bid. Thanks very much - this is a great and very helpful site!

If not successful, $160 should at least get you very close, so let's give it a try...

When bidding 4* in NYC you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, ESB, Chelsea, HK, MTW, DT, Soho...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE, ESB, Chelsea, HK, MTW, DT, Soho, and TS...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the strategy above, on your very first bid you put all areas you wanted to stay in? Why wouldn't you bid let's say $110 in one zone --> $120 in Zone A and B --> $130 in Zone A, B, C....wouldn't that increase the likelihood of winning in those areas vs. what's the advantage of putting all your wanted zones on the very first bid?

carlm,

I'm not sure if in your example ZoneA, ZoneB, ZoneC are the zones the OP wants t stay in OR re-bid zones, but:

1) if zones the user wants, then your methods risks an overbid in ZoneB, ZoneC, etc. as your first bids in these zones are $120 and $130 respectively... never giving you a chance to win for less

2) if ZoneA, ZoneB, etc are re-bid zones, there is no point as there are already plenty of re-bid zones available to read the OP's maximum bid

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you add CPS to each of the bids above you'll be able to cycle thru the strategy again and not have to wait 24 hours. However, keep in mind that if rejected it will re-set your 24 hour lock-out period.

Success! I waited 24 hours and decided to rebid the same strategy (skipping CPS for now, thinking I could add it later). No luck with first two scenarios, but when opened third PRICELINE window - using your link - (including TS and the other zones) at first bid of $143, was rejected but offered a win if I was willing to increase bid to $168. I declined and continued to rebid. At $148, I won the Waldorf-Astoria! I've never stayed there but have walked through their beautiful lobby on more than one occasion. And it's close to Ess A Bagel. Very happy camper here! Thanks again.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see some lower priced inventory became available. A very nice deal for this historic, and landmark, hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... and bagels! ;)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]