Hotwire Hotel: 3* Fort Wayne La Quinta

valencia
By valencia,
in

Several family member are getting together in Ft. Wayne and the best solution for us was Hotwire. Now that I have booked one room, the others can see what hotel it is and either book it at the hotel website with free cancelation until they decide to come, or go ahead and compare all amenities and trip advisor and Hotwire satisfaction levels to make sure it is the same hotel.

I used your HOTWIRE link here and hope that others will, too.

There seems to be a lovely golf course, Autumn Ridge, very nearby where our group can enjoy a QUIET non-chain restaurant meal or drinks overlooking the 18th hole.

This hotel was $84, and $75 (AAA/AARP) on their webiste plus 14% tax so I am happy to save the $20.

The amenities in bold red were Free parking, free breakfast, free internet, and above it said indoor pool, pool(s) business center... but then when you opened "see all" the list was the long one as mention below in another post.

Tripadvisor 4.5/ Hotwire 85%. the other day when I looked but it says right now is "we are still gathering reviews".

I am starting to wonder if this hotel has already changed to another one since I cold swear when I looked at the beginning it said 85%...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal and have a plan for the rest of your family to join you if they would like.

...when you opened "see all" the list was the long one as mention below in another post.

Can you please add the full list of amenities to this thread... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here is the list that appears on my print out. When I booked all these were not all visible until I opened "see all"

Indoor pool(s) Pool(s) Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service) High-Speed Internet Access Free Parking

Free Breakfast Free Internet Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Do you agree that if today HOTWIRE no longer lists its 85% satisfaction and the Trip Advisor review of 4.5 is actually in a different place ( above instead of below) that the 3* hotel represented today for $54 MAY WELL NOT BE the same one even though the price is the same? The indoor and outdoor pools ( am I reading that correctly?) might be a deciding factor to decipher this hotel now. I will try to look into it. This "change" on the webpage sure has thrown me for a loop.

Thanks for the follow-up.

I think the 'new' HOTWIRE interface still has some bugs to work out and have been using the link on the top right of their results page to "Return to Classic View" (it's next to the 'Provide Us Feedback' button)

I have seen the same hotel show 2-3 different percent recommendation numbers, as well as revert to 'Still gathering information', from one search to the next so this is not a reliable factor to use when identifying properties. I have never researched the location of the TA rating being associated with the hotel offered, but have assumed it was an alternate template used randomly by HOTWIRE (which from a programming/security point of view makes sense)

Do you know of another hotel in this zone that uses the same exact amenity combination?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I called La Quinta and it seems they do not have an outdoor pool, just an indoor pool.. which is confusing since Indoor pool AND "pool(s)" is listed on the amenities on HOTWIRE.

So in that case it could be several places I think.. I'll wait on this one before letting family book. I am terribly afraid they may end up elsewhere and then I will be in hot water.

I called La Quinta and it seems they do not have an outdoor pool, just an indoor pool.. which is confusing since Indoor pool AND "pool(s)" is listed on the amenities on HOTWIRE.

I wouldn't read too much into the 'pool' icon as being outdoor pool.

Until recently only pool was used to signify a pool, indoor OR outdoor, available. Recently the 'indoor pool' amenity was added to possible amenities listed... which does not now mean that 'pool' means outdoor pool, it still only signifies that a pool (indoor OR outdoor) is available.

So in summary:

Pool = a pool, indoor or outdoor, is available

Indoor Pool = an indoor pool is available

A hotel that only has an indoor pool could still show both amenities.

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]