Priceline Hotel: Urgent Portland Maine

lm20
By lm20,
in

I need help with bidding for a hotel room in Portland West for this Saturday 7/28. Looking ideally for 3 stars plus.

What might your budget be? Providing this will help the moderators not suggest something beyond that.

Portland West only has up to 3* bidding.

There is one free re-bid zone, so if you are interested in having more than one bid every 24 hours, take a look up in the FAQs for information on how to determine and use that.

Have you looked at the first post in this Priceline Maine area? It is a list of hotels other members have reported here. It will give you a general idea of what you might receive, although it is always possible to get an entirely new hotel. I just did in a different city.

Have you taken a look at the Calendar of Wins under Tools? If someone has had a successful bid on your dates it would give you a good idea as to what you might need to bid?

Another technique is to check HOTWIRE (above left) and see what they have for your date. When I looked, they were showing a 3* for $167. Hotwire only has one area for Portland, ME rather than a separate one for West. HOTWIRE can be a little more expensive than PRICELINE, but not necessarily so.

I'm a member, not a moderator, but thought I'd try to give you a couple tidbits since your time is limited.

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As per above, to get started, what is your maximum budget? What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel using our BiddingHelper.com or MAPS and HOTELS.com?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]