Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (South Portland - Scarborough) Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Portland

BiddingBetterDC
By BiddingBetterDC,
in

As title says I need bidding srategy for Portland ME for strict dates of check-in July 27th to check-out July 30th.

Portland-Portland West

or S. Portland/Scarborough is all I want, not a cent over 100 BEFORE taxes. I know it's the summertime but hopefully I can get what I want since it's not a holiday weekend.

Accepting only 2.5* to 3.5* range.

Looking at nyo price for those dates at this time S. Portland/Scarborough avg 2.5* is 179, avg 3* is 234, avg 3.5* is 232

And for Portland-Portland West avg 2.5* is 305 and avg 3* is 244 and 3* is highest "class" for this zone

Did you first want to try for a 3.5* up to your limit, if rejected try for a 3* and if rejected again try for a 2.5*... OR is your goal the least expensive 2.5* or better for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Portland-Portland West has not 3.5* properties, so we won't include that in your 3.5* bidding.

When bidding 3.5* in Portland ME you have TWO re-bid zones... at the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* South Portland-Scarborough...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* South Portland-Scarborough and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close broswer and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* South Portland-Scarborough...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 3* Portland-Portland West...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 3* South Portland-Scarborough and Portland-Portland West...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close broswer and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* South Portland-Scarborough...

Select 2.5* Portland-Portland West...

Select 2.5* South Portland-Scarborough and Portland-Portland West...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Stupidly got anxious since they rejected the 95 bid and kept trying to press me to bid 108 (maybe that 108 would've got me a downtown room lol...doubt it) :/ ....doubt i'll save much on this trip but I got the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Portland, Me (South Portland by Maine Mall). Probably overpaid by 20. I hope to God the internet is free.

It's a 3*

Congratulations on your success!

I'm not really sure of how your bid or what you feel you did wrong, but hopefully this property will be convenient for your plans and you'll enjoy this leg of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Have a great stay... and enjoy the chocolate chip cookies!

I forgot to mention after the rejected the 95 bid that they accepted a 102/per night bid....I went over my max actually is what i did wrong....but according to NYOP I still saved 57%. Still seems pricey it being being almost 7 miles from downtown and again it's the weekend (even if it's a summer weekend....i've stayed cheaper in other areas this summer).

Also the hotel is a decent 3* not a 3.5*. Thinking back to when I came up this way for memorial day weekend...the bids they are accepting aren't really much cheaper it being a non-holiday weekend. It's busy here but not as packed as they were letting on.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]