Hotwire Hotel: 3* Green Bay - Appleton (Green Bay) Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium

KyleF
By KyleF,
in

Now that I have Chicago down, thanks to the help on this board, I'm looking at getting Door County/Green Bay booked.

Trip Details:

Area: Door County/Sturgeon Bay/Green Bay - not looking at Appleton portion of zone. Staying close to the Door County area would be nice, but we'll likely do all site seeing and come back for the night if we stay in Green Bay. Sturgeon Bay seems to be booked. The only option, the Maritime Inn 2.5* appears to booked it last room yesterday. It also didn't seem that impressive.

D

Dates Saturday 8/4 - Monday 8/6/12

Star Level: 2.5* and Better

Amentites:Preferaably Free Parking, Internet and Breakfast would be nice, but not deal breakers. A pool would be nice for the kids, a waterpark at the hotel would be nices, but we may book a waterpark hotel on the night of 8/3 between Chicago and Door County.

Here are the option from Hotwire:

3* Green Bay Area $64, 95% recommneded, $99 other sites

Amenities: Indoor Pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Resturant(s), Business Center, Laundry (ss), HSIA, Golf Nearby, Acessible for Blind, Deaf, Travel Path, Acc Bathroom, Handicap Parking, Roll-Inn Shower

2.5*Green Bay Area Hotel $71., Gathering Reviews, $99 other sites

Free Parking, Breakfast, Internet, Indoor Pool(s), Smoke Free, HSIA, Accessible for Blind, Deaf, Acessible Bathroon, Handicap Parking, Roll In Shower

2* Green Bay Area Hotel $36, 95% Recommended, $77 other sites

Amenities: Free Parking, Breakfast, Internet, Airport Shuttle, Smoke Free, HSIA, Accessible Path of Travel, in room accessibility, access bathroom, Roll in shower

I'll update the amenities on my winning bid in Chicago, since I'll know you'll ask.

Waterpark ideas:

1. There is a waterpark - Key Lime Cove - just to the North of Chicago in Gurnee. However, it's often expensive, especially in prime season.

2. Timber Ridge Lodge in Lake Geneva, which is not far over the border. A couple of problems, though - Lake Geneva is a very nice resort town, but Lake Geneva is about 30-40 minutes West of the expressway, so you are going out of your way. Additionally, rates are likely to be ridiculously expensive in the Summer.

3. The Hilton in Milwaukee has a waterpark and that would be a *possibility* on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE (although no guarantees with either, and I don't believe it's been seen in a while), but waterpark admission is extra/not included with reservation. You'd have to verify if waterpark admission was a separate fee payable at check-in or part of a package deal that had to be booked through the hotel - if you got the hotel on HOTWIRE and it's a separate admission, it should probably be no problem. However, if you book the hotel via HOTWIRE and water park admission is available via a package deal, then that would be more problematic.

Complete alternative: The Wisconsin Dells is the water park capital of the US - that's about 3.5 hr away from Chicago to the NE. It's not as pretty, quaint or tranquil as the Door County area (although there are certainly some pretty areas in/around the Dells), but it's probably the most family-friendly spot in the Midwest. Lake Geneva would be on the way to the Dells.

The Dells is more expensive than Green Bay for 8/4-6, although not by leaps about bounds (a 2.5* with breakfast for $88), but I'm actually pretty shocked the Dells isn't more expensive on a weekend - it's EXTREMELY popular in the Summer.)

___

Unfortunately, none of the Green Bay listings have been ID'd/reported to the board

My guess for the 3* is that it may be the Holiday Inn Stadium - I do see a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page for the listing (click "see details" to go to the detail page, then scroll down the page about halfway), so this property does get very good reviews.

The 2.5* is showing a 4/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page, and may be something along the lines of the Country Inn or Comfort Inn. The 2* is also showing a 4/5 on the detail page (again, you may want to verify you are also seeing the green tripadvisor rating as well) - my guess would be something along the lines of the Travelodge or Microtel.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your help. Green Bay doesn't seem to have a lot of Hotwire availability. The waterpark option is also available at a few hotels outside of HOTWIRE.

Looks like there is a Comfort Inn, Ramada and a lodge type resort that offer the waterpark. Truthfully, my kids would probably be happy with the Ramada which has a slide similar to what you would see at the local playground. None of the hotels have that great of availability though.

We might just skip it and go for the highest rate hotel available, which would be the 3*. I'll follow-up with what we do and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for the purchase.

Congrats on your success.

Superb deal for this well-reviewed Holiday Inn property! Thank you for confirming this new HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Please start a new thread for your 8/3 stay if you do go through HOTWIRE or PRICELINE for that stay. Please use the site's Support Page links to book regular rate if you go that route for 8/3.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]