Priceline Hotel: Albuquerque Hyatt Tamaya Santa Ana HELP

bbrindeiro
By bbrindeiro,
in

HI all,

Having a little trouble getting a room at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya in Albuquerque at the Santa Ana zone.

The dates I need are: May 26-28, 2006

I tried my bidding for 4 rooms (max) and started bidding at $60. Used free rebids to increase bids to $65, $70, $75, $80, $85, $90, and $95 with no luck.

Before I go any further, does anyone know if I may be more successful as the dates get close since it's so far in advance? And does anyone know if my chances are decreased because I am requesting multiple rooms?

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should try next? We really want rooms here because we are having a wedding reception nearby at the Santa Ana golf resort. Any help is appreciated.

Actually, I am bidding for a specific property - The Hyatt Regency Tamaya. It is the only Resort hotel in the Santa Ana zone. Not sure what you mean by the reminder and not bidding on a specific property. It doesn't get any more specific than this. I am from Albuquerque, and I know that it's the only hotel in that area.

The weekend in question is Memorial Day weekend; would that be the reason why rates are higher? Would you recommend waiting until it's closer?

I always make that comment as we never know the 'opaque experience' of the user, and while you may have figured out that this is the only possible outcome, you are still really only bidding on a zone and not a particular hotel. If by some fluke Priceline chose to rate another hotel in the area as a Resort (which may be unlikely) then there would be another possible outcome.

I would wait until it's closer, but by that i don't mean April... i would begin looking at this in the October/November timeframe. Also keep an eye on direct-rates and see of there is any change.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I agree with thereuare. I got burned once just like that. I was bidding on a 3* hotel and thought i was safe with a free rebid all the way down to a 1* To my knowlege of the city there were not any *2 or 1* in that area. Well, imagine my surprise when i won a 1* This "motel " was once a long stay property converted in to a 1*motel, very recent to my bidding. In fact still under renovation when my bid was won. (but thats another story) Im sure this property was just recently added to priceline before my bidding. Since this little mishap, im much more careful of what i think i know of zone bidding and the opaque experience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]