Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Dallas (Downtown - Market Center South) Omni Dallas

kairosntx
By kairosntx,
in

Checked Better Bidding and was pretty sure the 4.5 star listed on Hotwire was the Omni downtown based on the amenities listed. There are only two 4.5 star hotels in this zone on BB, the Joule and the Omni. I wanted the Omni due to my wife having an appointment at the Mokara spa. We usually stay in the Galleria zone for half this price but needed to be downtown this time. I wanted the Omni and that's exactly what I got thanks to Better Bidding! I went to the Omni website and they want $169.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this Omni property, and glad the hotel will work well for your travel plans.

Can you confirm the list of amenities that were showing with this property? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Smoke Free Rooms Fitness Center Pool(s)

Restaurant(s) Business Center High-Speed Internet Access Spa Services Accessible for the blind Accessible for the deaf Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility Wheelchair accessible Accessible bathroom Handicapped psrking Roll-in shower

I copied/paste from my confirmation. I didn't really confirm all the amenities before purchase, the Joule lists 4 or 5 and the Omni has 11 ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks OP, got the same property for $110. Same amenities list.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Very nice rate for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could post the details of your win (zone, star rating, amenities, price) as a separate thread.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

And FAIL, the Dallas Omni website has rates for $99 per night until the end of September. Hotwire did price match the before tax rate (after about 30 minutes, 2 phone calls to hotwire, and 2 phone calls to the Omni), however I still wound up paying $10 more than I would have if I had just booked through The Omni because of taxes and other fees. If you are looking to stay at the Dallas Omni before the end of September, do not use hotwire.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could post the details of your win (zone, star rating, amenities, price) as a separate thread.

2x

It's always a good idea to check rates (the idea behind BiddingHelper.com) before your purchase to make sure that you don't overbid or pay more than you need to. Since you had a good idea this would be the Omni based upon the OP's post, checking rates to make sure this was a 'deal' could have saved you some money and aggravation.

As per above, please post your purchase to the board as a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]