Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City - Hoboken - Weehawken) Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

zzricezz
By zzricezz,
in

I used a $7 per night coupon I redeemed on priceline so I think I got an even better deal.

Started my bidding at

$80 -> Rejected

$85 -> Rejected

$90 -> Accepted at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

with my coupon I basically got the hotel for $83 for Sept 21st to 24th. Hotwire has this same hotel for $99.

The only downside of this hotel is parking and internet isn't free and no access to the PATH subway system.

I used the PRICELINE link from this site.

The only downside of this hotel is parking and internet isn't free and no access to the PATH subway system.

If you do need to get to the PATH you could take the light rail to Hoboken Terminal OR take the new walkway that recently opened and walk to Hoboken along the waterfront it's maybe 200 yards to the corner of 14th and Washington St where you can get the bus to the PATH train.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, if going to Hoboken Terminal PATH train you would pay one fare for the bus or light rail... then another fare for the PATH train (and another fare for the NYC subway, which is different than the PATH train).

If you book the bus from the hotel direct to Port Authority you would only pay the bus fare (and then subway fare if you were taking that mode of transport while in the city). The bus to Port Authority is most likely your best option... unless 1) you were going out in Hoboken first, or 2) it is late at nite and there is no more bus service direct to Weehawken (i think the bus stops running at 2am or 3am)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 7 day Metrocard is only valid in New York City on most MTA options (normal bus service and subway). While a Metrocard can be used on PATH, it has be on a pay as you go Metrocard. The NYC system is MTA, the bus service to this hotel from Manhattan is I think only through NJ Transit, and PATH is run by the Port Authority.

Proud to be Canadian!

that sounds complicated.

It's not, when you board the bus (or other mode of transportation)... you pay. Pretty simple! ;) And you're only really taking more than one mode of transport if you need to get to Hoboken Terminal.. from the Sheraton i'd simply suggest taking the bus from the door of the hotel. Unless you have EZ-Pass (not sure from how far away you're traveling from) the Lincoln Tunnel toll is $12 and figure at least $20 for parking. Taking the bus is a lot less stressful, no worries about driving in NYC traffic, and leaving the city the bus takes the Port Authority bus ramp right into the mouth of the tunnel... as opposed to the potential to sit in very heavy traffic bumper-to-bumper traffic exiting the city if you decide to drive on your own.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]