Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Crystal City) Doubletree Hotel Washington DC - Crystal City

Sutter
By Sutter,
in

Two possibilities for July 28-August 2. Arlington, VA. (Washington, DC area).

1) 4* Alexandria and Old Town Area. $110. 90% approval. Amenities: Indoor pool(s), fitness center, smoke free rooms, laundry facilities (self-service), accessible for the deaf, wheelchair accessible, restaurant(s), high-speed Internet access, accessible path of travel, accessible bathroom, business center, accessible for the blind, in-room accessibility, roll-in shower. Westin Alexandria?

2) 3* Arlington area. $97. Amenities: suite, busiess center, pool(s), kitchenette. Holiday Inn Arlington Ballston only 3* listed for Arlington, but the amenities don't seem to fit (suite, kitchenette).

For the 4* property is there also a Pool amenity listed in addition to the Indoor Pool you have included? If so, then yet my best guess for this one would be the Westin.

For the 3* are you sure you have the amenities correct... when i search HOTWIRE for your dates i see a 3* hotel in this zone priced at $97/nite but the amenities are: suite, FITNESS, pool(s), kitchenette. If you're still seeing 'business' listed here are you searching for more than one room or for something other than the default 2adults/0chldren?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

p.s. I phoned the Westin, mainly to confirm the parking charges ($24 per night) and asked if they have self-service laundry facilities and the reservation agent said no. Of course, the person I talked with could be in error (she didn't seem real sure about some things), or maybe they have rid of it (i.e. Hotwire's info is out of date), or maybe the hotel isn't the Westin. Curious. Often nothing completely certain in such situations.

As recently as February of this year the Westin was reported as a Hotwire hotel purchase with the Laundry amenity listed. Another possible scenario is that when the hotel first started with HOTWIRE and listed their amenities, they simply read "Laundry" and stated that they have that, when in reality they offer Laundry Service (where you give the laundry bag to the desk and they send it out and it comes back folded). Don't see this error as much as we did a few years ago, but it may still occur.

The 3* Arlington property has not yet been reported to the board, and with a 55% recommended rate from previous HOTWIRE guests i'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]