Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD South) InterContinental

john53073
By john53073,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

A couple notes/questions -

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy - would the possibility of one bed be acceptable? HOTWIRE, where you can indicate more than 2 people, is a better option.

Are you only interested in Millennium-Loop-Grant park, or would River North-NMA also be acceptable?

Thank you for using the site's Hotwire or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I guess I am assuming this, but wouldn't the one bed be a King? Granted that wouldn't be the ideal situation, but it would be tolerable for a short trip.

I've tried HOTWIRE for the same dates and it's pretty dry there also.

River North-NMA is also acceptable. I isolated on ML-GP because of the recent bid-win for the Swissotel @ $150/nt for similar dates.

Thanks for your help!

A king is definitely not guaranteed - it could definitely be a queen at many hotels in Chicago (probably not smaller than that in Chicago, but it may be in some areas, such as NYC.)

Rates and inventory really can vary substantially from day-to-day; the Swissotel win was for 7/29-30, but inventory when looking at the entire 7/26-30 period can be quite a bit different.

I think you're probably not too far off for 7/26-30; have you tried starting lower and working up to $150 for River North-NMA? There are HOTWIRE 4*'s at levels somewhat higher ($175-185)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your help. I see what you mean about bed size because the Drake is now down to $179/nt, but it's a smaller room and a Queen. Since this is a Hilton hotel is there any shot of my Gold Hilton status getting an upgrade to something bigger? Sorry, if I should be checking somewhere else on here first for this info, but there's so much information on here and I don't have time to read all of it.

...is there any shot of my Gold Hilton status getting an upgrade to something bigger?

Anything is possible. Technically, by 'rule', you don't get benefits on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE stays but users frequently get their status perks honored. Hoever, there are lots of variables involved... hotel occupancy, mood of the front desk clerk, hotel policy, etc. etc. So while possible, it's not something that you can necessary count on, and one couldn't even make a guess how it would work for your specific dates since there are so many variables involved that we either don't know or have control over (ie- hotel occupancy, mood of the front desk clerk, etc)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congrats on your success.

Sweet deal for this ORD-area property! Hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Can you confirm the complete list of amenities that were showing with this listing? This information is available in the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

I'll also note that this property is right by the Metra Rosemont station, if you would like to try taking the Metra in (or back) rather than the CTA. However, this particular line unfortunately only runs M-F and does not run that often (I believe it's shared with freight). If you time it right, the Metra trains are a nicer, more comfortable way to get downtown, though. Schedule for this line - http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/ncs/schedule/_jcr_content/pdfLink/file.res/Metra%20NCS%20Schedule01102012.pdf

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]