Hotwire Hotel: Help with Chicago

cfprunner
By cfprunner,
in

I am going to Chicago with my family Aug 7-12 and we wanted to stay downtown, with free breakfast, a pool and a suite styple room (like an Embassy Suites).

We found a rate of $219 at the Homewood Suites near Michigan Ave (plus parking for a special rate of $20/day) but we can only get that rate for the 7-10th.

We are considering staying in the suburbs on the 10th and the 11th but I was having trouble finding a hotel with both a pool and free breakfast.

Hotwire is showing a 3* Lombard - Oak Brook - Downers Grove area hotel for $50 with Free Breakfast, Free Parking, Free Internet, Fitness and Business Center + Golf near by. I think that is the Stay Inn which doesn't have a pool.

Hotwire is also showing a 3* Arlington Heights - Elk Grove Village area hotel with the stay features except the High Speed Internet isn't 'free'.

Or we can go for a 3* Schaumburg area hotel with fitness Center Pool rest, BC and HSI for $58.

Ideally we would stay in the same hotel the entire time but since we will be hitting some suburban attractions, we don't mind moving to a hotel closer to the zoo and LEGOland and the Frank Llyod Wright home etc.

Any help with a ID or suggestions?

A few thoughts/questions:

The Homewood Suites Mag Mile is a very nice property, but an alternate would be something like the Doubletree Mag Mile (which is a possibility on HOTWIRE for these dates for $130, the price you see may vary slightly), $25 parking at Navy Pier and finding breakfast nearby. That wouldn't be a suite, but the total would be less.

Please provide the complete details of the suburban HOTWIRE listings and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Additionally, if you stay out in Schaumburg or right nearby, IKEA a 99c breakfast special (see - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/store/schaumburg/restaurant for information, and IKEA is just fun to browse around otherwise)

In terms of suburbs, I quite like the North burbs - really nice area, lots of shopping/restaurants and some sights (Chicago Botanic Garden, Wagner Farm, Ravinia Music Festival), as well as easy access to beaches.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links or the Hilton link on the site's Support Page (if you book the Homewood) to start your purchases and searches.

• 8 months later...

A few thoughts/questions:

The Homewood Suites Mag Mile is a very nice property, but an alternate would be something like the Doubletree Mag Mile (which is a possibility on HOTWIRE for these dates for $130, the price you see may vary slightly), $25 parking at Navy Pier and finding breakfast nearby. That wouldn't be a suite, but the total would be less.

Please provide the complete details of the suburban HOTWIRE listings and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Additionally, if you stay out in Schaumburg or right nearby, IKEA a 99c breakfast special (see - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/store/schaumburg/restaurant for information, and IKEA is just fun to browse around otherwise)

In terms of suburbs, I quite like the North burbs - really nice area, lots of shopping/restaurants and some sights (Chicago Botanic Garden, Wagner Farm, Ravinia Music Festival), as well as easy access to beaches.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links or the Hilton link on the site's Support Page (if you book the Homewood) to start your purchases and searches.

We did not use Hotwire for this trip, staying at the Homewood Suites both on Mich Ave and in Shaumburg.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]