Priceline Hotel: San Francisco 4* 9/27-9/30

kellysmom
By kellysmom,
in

I have bid up to $170 for a 4* USE which is my top priority for this stay. I am willing to go down a star level to keep the price down and would appreciate a strategy for bidding. I have several rebid zones with a 4* and even with a 3 1/2* rating but I am not sure how to go about this. I have seen wins well below the bids I am making but they are for different dates. Are my dates in a desired time period when rooms are higher? Thanks so much for your help. I always use your links for my bidding.

I don't know what is happening in the city over these dates but rates are quite high for this stay.

When bidding 3.5* in San Francisco you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* USE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* USE and re-bid zone6...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $175 (you can stop at $170 if you'd like but i had the extra re-bid zone so figured you could use it if you made it this far, which i think is likely)

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected you may want to use MAPS and HOTELS.com to try and find something that is fully refundable to use as a back-up reservation.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ID help USE 9/27-30 3*

Boutique Hotel, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Free Internet

Union Square East - Moscone area hotel

$219.00

I am still shopping this trip using Priceline and Hotwire. I will update the Priceline thread when I finally find a hotel.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Best guess for this 3.5* HOTWIRE property would be Kimpton's Triton hotel.

How high and at what star ratings you have bid already? (please keep us updated with your failed bidding attempts too)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have bid up to $170 for a 4* USE which is my top priority for this stay. I am willing to go down a star level to keep the price down and would appreciate a strategy for bidding. I have several rebid zones with a 4* and even with a 3 1/2* rating but I am not sure how to go about this. I have seen wins well below the bids I am making but they are for different dates. Are my dates in a desired time period when rooms are higher? Thanks so much for your help. I always use your links for my bidding.

Are you saying the highest you want to bid is $170, or are you dead set on USE, and no other downtown zones?

For the time being, I would look into booking the Hyatt Financial District/Embarcadero on Lastminutetravel.com for $152/nite. It shows as "on request", but I have booked "on request" hotels before in SF, and LMT came through. We always book the Financial District/Embarcadero area and public transportation being what it is, it's quite easy to get around. The Hyatt is a stones throw away from the ferry building, and a stroll down the Embarcadero gets you to Fisherman's Wharf. Bookings are cancelable up to 3 days before checkin, then you can leisurely continue bidding on PRICELINE.

Good luck either way.

For the OP's dates, on the Lastminutetravel.com website, the second hotel down is a 4.5 Downtown/Union Square/Nob Hill offering for $152/nite. If you click on the pictures, you can clearly see it is the Hyatt. It is listed as "on request", which means LMT will try and negotiate with the hotel to book at the listed price.

I have requested the stay on lastminutetravel.com and after 4 days have not heard from them. I did find a new listing on Hotwire for a 4* UNION SQUARE WEST NOB HILL for $221

4-star Hotel in Union Square West - Nob Hill

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Free Internet

In-room accessibility

Is the Hotel Triton a 3* or a 3.5*? And is it USE or USW?

Thanks for all of your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the dates involved, the hotels may be holding on to the room for the last day of the range in preparation for a HUGE convention.

The Oracle OpenWorld 2012 convention runs from Sept 30 to October 4, 2012. (Source: SF Convention and Visitor Bureau website)

They are expecting attendance of 46,000. That's a lot of people chasing after rooms.

When it comes to SF, I always check the SFCVB website so that I don't run into a buzzsaw of conventions. Just my two cents.

Since the conference begins 9/30 and many attendees will arrive the day before, rates may be cheaper for 9/27-9/29 than they are for 9/30... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]