Hotwire Hotel: 3* Park City Prospector Square Lodge

go2day
By go2day,
in

Amenities listed, hotel, swimming pool, workout room, spa.

This was my first Hotwire purchase and at this point I'm pretty disapointed. Priceline has this hotel on their website as a 1*. The reviews are dreadful. Check-in is at a separate address than the hotel. On their website check-in is listed at 4pm and they close at 5pm. It appears that it is more of an office for condo rentals, and not a regular hotel. Summer arrivals after 5pm must go to a lock box for their keys. Reviews indicate that the only daily service is fresh towels.

Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised, because at this point our expectations are low.

Thank you for the post for this property.

I would contact Hotwire immediately (call their Customer Service number, rather than email, since your stay begins tomorrow). I would inquire as to this 3* rating as daily housekeeping (which includes making the bed) should be expected from a 3* property... this hotel clearly does not offer that (only delivering fresh towels).

Point out to Hotwire that all other hotels that do not offer daily housekeeping are rated 2.5* or below (as per their own rating system).

Of course the above is assuming you would like to try to get out of the reservation and can find a suitable replacement on short notice. I would also point the rep to the Expedia reviews since they are owned by the same parent company (and make sure the customer service rep reads the reviews, don't just take a reply "i will look into that")

Good Luck and let us know how your stay goes or if you get any resolution if you try.

PS- thanks for using the SB links :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice. I called Hotwire customer service and the best I could get was "call us when you get there if there is a problem".

I tried to get the rep to read the reviews on Expedia and at first she said that they couldn't access Expedia. After the conversation went on and on and I kept insisting that this is not a 3* property, (not even on Expedia) she finally said she could access the Expedia reviews. After reading the reviews she said "oh there must have been problems with snow". She called the hotel directly and they said that contrary to reports they do make the beds and they are a 3* facility.

Anyway, I guess that's it. Maybe the reviews are exagerated and it won't be as bad as it seems. I guess we'll find out. Thanks for your help. Love this site.

I just received my confirmation of a $60 credit for the Hotwire "Double the Difference" guarantee for my reservation at Prospector Lodge. I was able to find it on Hotels.com for less. (I read about "double the difference" on this website.....thanks.)

Upon check-in, the Prospector Lodge did not have any rooms available so my spouse and friend were sent to the Carriage Lodge Condos. Definitely not a 3* hotel, but with the refund I don't suppose it would be fair to pursue this.

I haven't given up on hotwire yet, and looking forward to a better experience next time.

• 4 weeks later...

Thereuare - I did as you suggested and followed up with Hotwire. Although it took numerous calls and e-mails they did eventually come through. Prospector Square Lodge has been downgraded to a 2 1/2* property. We received a refund of our first nights stay on our credit card and an additional $200 in hotwire dollars that can be used for a future purchase.

Thank you for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]