Priceline Hotel: Cash deposit for incidental charges instead of a credit card ?

BlueOsito
By BlueOsito,
in

According to the Priceline site I have to present a credit card at check in, but when chatting with one of their reps he wrote that I could use a debit card at check in. Another rep say I definitely got to have a credit card. When going thru the list of all 3 star hotels in the McAllen,Texas area listed on Hotels.com I noticed that all of them also accept a cash deposit for incidental charges. I was planning on booking a room on Priceline using the Name your price feature and paying with my debit card and making a cash deposit at check in to cover incidental charges ( or presenting my debit card If they take it). Will this work ?

Thanks for your help.

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

When going thru the list of all 3 star hotels in the McAllen,Texas area listed on Hotels.com...

Hotels.com and PRICELINE are two different services and may rate any given hotel differently... you could receive a hotel that you were not expecting. As well, the star rating you choose on PRICELINE is the minimum you are willing to accept, so if there are higher rated hotels in the zone, those would be possible hotel outcomes for you as well.

I noticed that all of them also accept a cash deposit for incidental charges. I was planning on booking a room on Priceline using the Name your price feature and paying with my debit card and making a cash deposit at check in to cover incidental charges ( or presenting my debit card If they take it).

Most hotels do accept cash deposits, but the amount could be excessive as well (a few hundred dollars). Also, keep in mind that when using a debit card you'll need to have at least as much as required by the hotel in the account, and a hold may be placed on the funds, making them inaccessible to you during your stay and possibly a few day after (until your bank releases the hold)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]