Priceline Hotel: Jersey City - Candlewood Suites - only 2* biddable on Priceline?

relocating
By relocating,
in

First time poster, though longtime lurker (belated thanks to all who've helped via their own posts).

I need to spend several weeks in Jersey City, NJ, from about 7/19-8/11, and want to get a suite, namely Candlewood Suites. I don't think I can get it on Hotwire, as the amenities listed for available hotels do not match those listed here.

So, I'm looking at Priceline, but am not sure it's the only 2* that's biddable on Priceline. There are several other 2* hotels in the area that can be had via the non-opaque method. However, Candlewood seems to be the only such place that has been listed as one of the hotels won via bidding.

I have two questions:

1. Is it fairly safe to assume that the Candlewood Suites is the only 2* hotel available via bidding on Priceline? I have not yet had any success with bids up to $99 (for a "trial" weekend of 7/19-7/21 or 7/22), and want to avoid going much higher unless I can be confident I'm not getting the Ramada or some other place.

2. Am I mistaken that it's not currently available on Hotwire, for that late July-early August period? Maybe the amenity list is incomplete, but I suspect that Hotwire is listing a different hotel.

Many thanks!

First time poster, though longtime lurker (belated thanks to all who've helped via their own posts).

We're glad to hear that the board has been helpful to you in the past, but it would be appreciated if you started to share your own wins with the board so that the information can help others, just as you have been helped by those who posted before you.
I have not yet had any success with bids up to $99...
It would also be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline can add hotels that they are using at anytime. For esample I was bidding on a 3 star hotel and winning the same hotel everyday for a 3/12 month period; which was awesome because we needed it as we were homeless due to a fire and wanted to stay at the Residence Inn and got it like I said. But one day without warning we were given the Hyatt; Thankfully this happened after I signed a year lease on an apartment and was almost ready to move. We had to stay four days at the Hyatt until we bid the Residnece Inn again and got it. Not wanting to have to move like that again we were glad to move into our rental. Usually though for the time frame; if the only hotel people are winning is a certain hotel, then you are more than likely to get that hotel. BUT AGAIN NOT ALWAYS!! I'd say you have a good chance of getting the candlewood. What i would do first though is confirm the regular rate by looking online or even through pricelines regular rates and confirm the price of the candelwood so yo do not overbid either. Sometimes if priceline does not have any rooms in the area for the particular date you will bid up to and above going rate before they will let you "win" it. This only happened once to me as I am usually very cautious and usually do my research thoroughly first. You save alot of money by doing research!! Hope it all works out for ya!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]