Hotwire Hotel: 4* Minneapolis (Downtown) Hilton Minneapolis and Towers

megslegs
By megslegs,
in

hello,

i've being trying desperately to win a 4* or 3.5* hotel downtown minneapolis for july 18-21st for the past couple days. i'm very fluent with the repeat bidding,

and have even bid higher than i care to spend (95$) to try to win a hotel. this has all been a futile attempt. any suggestions???

thanks!

hmm...i saw some of the other people's winning bids on here and thought maybe i could win with under $100/night. wishful thinking? do more

hotels or opportunities come avail closer to check in date? or the other way around?

thanks!

Note my $59 bid for July 19-21 that got me the 4* W Foshay. However, maybe July 18 is harder (I haven't tried).

for some reason the 18th made things much harder. i found 66$/night at the 4* hilton on hotwire that i purchased

for the 19/20th and will try and find something cheap near the mall on priceline for the 18th. i don't mind

switching hotels and it got us a 4* for two of the nights :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see your plans were flexible and you were able to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID in order to get a great deal for this leg of your stay.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

For help with, or to report a win for, the remaining nite(s) please star a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

sure! amenities included were...

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

happy hotel shopping :)

Thanks for the follow-up!

Note that when HOTWIRE lists examples of hotels at a given star rating they are just examples and not necessarily the possible hotels you will when in this area when purchasing a hotel at that star rating. From the area you were looking:

Hotels in the elite 4-star rating category include:
(meaning that it's just a small sample)

and goes on to state:

Hotel brands featured above do not represent Hotwire's complete offering of hotel partners in this star rating category. We do not guarantee you will stay in one of these hotels. In addition, we offer select independent hotels, not listed here. Note that some brands feature hotels in more than one star rating category.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]