Priceline Hotel: bidding advice please?

wjcassidy
By wjcassidy,
in

I am hoping you can suggest a price line bidding strategy for the above dates in NEWPORT. Hotwire would be fine, but i can't really figure out the zones, I'd like to be in 'downtown Newport"

Dates - 8/21-8/23

travelers- One adult and One 12 year old

budget- hoping to get something around 100 if thats possible. if I had to go up to 125 that would be doable

anything from a 2.5 star and up...

Thanks!

I believe 'downtown' is included in the 'Goat Island-Newport-Newport Beach' zone. If you search PRICELINE using the search box on the top right of this page, are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of this zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE has a "Deals Express" offer for a 3* hotel in this zone at $115/nite. Are you willing to pay a little more for a 3* vs. a 2.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 2.5* or better for this stay?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately not too much bidding history in this area at the 2.5* level, and no re-bid zones, so with time on your side i would start at with 2.5* at $50 and increase $5 every 24 hours.

In less than 2 weeks as you get close to the $115 rate for the PRICELINE Express Deals you can consider stopping and taking that offer (if still available).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

I am not familiar with PRICELINE DEALS EXPRESS, WHAT IS DEALS EXPRESS, how does it work?

When you link to PRICELINE from here, it just appears on the upper left hand side of the main Priceline page.

It is relatively new, and there aren't necessarily offerings for all cities. There currently are some for Newport.

I'd guess you will be able to do a little better via bidding, but some people prefer this product as they have a little more information about the hotel before committing. The $115 3* thereuare mentions has "Free Internet | Indoor or Outdoor Pool | Restaurant | Business Center" and says you will have a "bed choice".

It seems to resemble Hotwire quite a bit. When more people have used it, and reported their results back here, there probably will start to be enough history to make some educated guesses as to what hotel one might receive.

Romelle

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]