Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Alexandria - Mt. Vernon) Sheraton Suites OT

djohannw
By djohannw,
in

Just as a reference point - seems it is too early to get something reasonable for my dates in early January next year. Tried all 4*-areas within D.C. area but was rejected, and pretty quickly at that.

Regular rates are not too bad, but Hotwire also only shows sparse availability - the only four star they have (most likely the Intercontinental) runs at over $300 a night. I'm thinking about lowering qulality to three stars, but as time is on my side and I still have many month of bidding before my trip, I think I will keep bidding once in a while for a four star for the foreseeable future...

Greetings - Dirk

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing the wins for the Residence Inn in the Alexandria-Mt. Vernon zone posted here I decided to try my luck there. As time is still on my side I decided to start lower than the winning bid posted with my initial bid of $42 for a 2.5*, which was counteroffered with a $12 raise to win. Added White House area and raised to $45 and was accepted and upgraded to 3*:

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria

Zone: Alexandria - Mt. Vernon

801 N Saint Asaph Street

Alexandria, Virginia 22314

Tel.: 703-836-4700

Check-In Date: Sat, Jan 7, 2006

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Mon, Jan 9, 2006

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $90.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $20.15

Total Charges: $110.15

Nice deal, and they are offering a free shuttle to both the DCA-airport and the metro. If I can get my flights changed to DCA from IAD this will even save me a day of rental car... Place looks very nice on the pictures and also features the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed I am really looking forward to try (the Westin heavenly bed is still my favourite...)

Greetings - Dirk

Things continue to shape up for this upcoming trip. :)

PS- hotel's website shows 'sold-out'

Yes, everything is now set up for our January-trip - pretty early, I know...;-)! Sister is pretty happy about the hotels we got (she has never stayed at a Sheraton or such) and is really going nuts about this upcoming trip...

I am now preparing my trip to Shanghai in February and need some hotels to go along with my 30

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]