Asked to sign waiver

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

The morning of our departure from a Best Western hotel, I found a document under our door. It was full of legal mumbo-jumbo, but the gist of the message was that if the third party (i.e. Priceline) did not pay full charges, then I would be liable for them. They also tacked on a sentence about being liable for damages.

Over the years I must have booked over 50 hotel rooms with either Priceline or Hotwire, and I have NEVER been handed a statement like this to sign. My feeling is, I paid Priceline, my obligation has been satisfied. If there's a problem... go after Priceline, not me. I left the hotel without signing it.

Has anyone ever gotten such a waiver to sign?

JB

Sounds like something that you would typically be asked to sign before you check-in and are give room keys.

I wouldn't read into it too much, just sounds like some standard boilerplate wording that they use for all 3rd party reservations.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]