Priceline Hotel: Ocean City Bidding Help

Counselor4444
By Counselor4444,
in

Hi all,

I am looking to travel to Ocean City, MD from 8/26-8/31. I've checked the Better Bidding hotel list and see that 3 star hotels listed are the Courtyard by Marriott and Holiday Inn. I know that it is always possible that something else could come up. I am basically ok with all name brand hotels but don't want some independent hotel (mom and pop shop if you know what I mean). What are the chances that I will end up with a non-chain hotel? And I need a crib, can I request one through the hotel after I win? Thanks.

Debbie

May I also add that the priceline description for the 3 star hotel says that it will have a guest rating of 9.0 or higher. If I run a priceline search (not name your own price) and narrow down the results by guest rating of 9.0 or higher with a 3 star rating, the only two options that come up are the Courtyard by Marriott or the Hilton. So, how likely is it that I will get one of those? Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Done!

In addition to the above, Priceline Name Your Own Price also offers a 3 star hotel in the Ocean City North area. The description says a guest rating of 8 or better with pool and business center. If I perform a search in the part of their site that does not require bidding, the only two hotels that meet this criteria are the Princess Royale and the Holiday Inn. Any thoughts on which of these I may get?

Thanks again!

Although amenities and minimum user review rating information is provided, you're still not bidding on a specific property... these are simply characteristics of all hotels in the zone at the given star level. For example, if all hotels in the zone at a certain star level have a Pool, then the pool amenity will be listed... if even just one hotel at that star level doesn't have a pool, then the pool amenity is not listed. PRICELINE is not indicating that they have one specific hotel in mind and that is the one you're bidding on.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry I'm still a little confused. So what you are saying is that if the 3 star hotel in the Ocean City North area says it has user reviews of 8 and above and a pool, you are saying I could still get a 3 star hotel without a pool and with a user rating less then 8? I thought once it lists those amenities, it has to give you that in the hotel you are bidding on. Otherwise it is kind of false advertising.

If it says "Pool", you will get a pool. If it doesn't say "Pool", you still might get a pool, but you also might not.

Same logic for the user review numbers. If it says "8 and above", you will get a hotel with a review of 8 or higher. However, if it doesn't say "8 and above", you still might get a hotel with the 8 or above rating or you might not.

Romelle

To add to the above:

BOTTOMLINE: the amenities shown and minimum review number apply to all hotels in the zone at that star rating... so the amenities give you some knowledge about what the hotel offers... but no insight as to what hotel you will win since the amenities are valid for all hotels in the zone at that star level

Does this (and Romelle's post above) make it clearer?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

corinne21629,

Please reply/follow-up your own Priceline Virginia thread with your current thoughts/decision for that trip... then if you'd like help with an upcoming stay please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links and start a NEW TPOIC for your own trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

I am still deciding if I want to try bidding. I have a room reserved at the Hampton Inn but would like to save some money if possible. I am currently paying $152.50/night.

If I bid on a 3 star hotel in the "Ocean City" area (not Ocean City North) priceline states that the amenities include a pool and a user rating of 9.0 or better. What choices may I end up with? The Hilton? The Courtyard by Marriott? Any other possibilities? Thanks!

You listed the only two hotels at the 3* level with 9.0+ rating on Priceline's retail site. But it is always possible to get a different hotel. I've had it happen more than once.

Ownership changes, names change, zone maps change, ratings change, ?? The hotels on the bidding side are not necessarily the same as the hotels on the retail side.

Romelle

PS - you found a good rate for the Hampton. It is $160 on Priceline's retail site. It is rated a 2 1/2* there.

Are you still seeing the 3* on the Express Deals section of the PRICELINE website as i'm not seeing any 3* hotel offered in this zone (in the Express Deals section). If still listed, what is the price?

...priceline states that the amenities include a pool and a user rating of 9.0 or better. What choices may I end up with?

Sorry, i thought this listing referenced the Express Deals section, not the guaranteed amenities when selecting a star rating on the bidding side of their service... i didn't see anything in the Express Deals section either.

If you're looking for other options to the Hampton Inn the Best Western is $132/nite as is the Hotel Monte Carlo (i'm not familiar with either but was looking for things that might be cheaper and the same star rating)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip or if we can be of further help.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision.

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of the Hampton Inn as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies. Please check for and use the links in our Support Page for your hotel direct purchases, OR use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for when you are looking for a hotel with a specific location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]