Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (SeaWorld - International Drive - Convention Center) Radisson Hotel Orlando - International Drive

deal punisher
By deal punisher,
in

3.5-star Hotel in Downtown Orlando

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Free Internet

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

3.5-star Hotel in Downtown Orlando

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible path

controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Sorry the Dates are: 7/21-7/22

Christine thanks for the info..I called priceline and I called the actual hotel. turns out that the owner owns both hotels and he puts overflow in the 2nd hotel. I asked the hotel is that the case with my reservation she stated that at the moment the hotel is not booked and our room is fine. I also was able to list my king bed preference as opposed to double. I hope all goes well I will report back.

Also called priceline, they said to call them if they attempt to switch hotels on me and they will find us another hotel. I hope this isn't the case.

Wish us luck!.

I bid for $49. I'm actually doing a chargeback because I was already displeased with the ratings, and this was before guests had posted about being put in the Metropolitan. I wasn't thrilled about the cleanliness, mentions of outdated furniture, and a parking lot that you needed to hike to - I'm a woman traveling alone for business, and TSA won't let me carry my pepper spray on the plane. (I checked. And I doubt anyone would hear my whistle, considering the proximity of the parking lot.) I really don't want to spend hours on the phone with Priceline when I get there and have to argue them into a better hotel. I know how I am after I fly (tired, cranky, just want a shower and a couple hours zoning out in front of the TV), and I am afraid that I will use words that will make a construction worker blush, which obviously won't help my cause. I really think Priceline should downgrade the Radisson's rating - even the price is vastly lower than the other 3.5* properties. When I called the front desk, they wouldn't even check to make sure that I wouldn't be shuffled to the Metropolitan. So they were much nicer to you than me.

If it doesn't go through, they're going to feel the full force of my wrath - both Priceline and the Radisson. Bait and switch is illegal in Florida, and the Radisson can be sued for treble damages. In my state, I can also file in small claims against Priceline for unfair and deceptive advertising - again, treble damages.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back from staying here, I figured I would do a follow up...

So when I got there I was greeted by a nice front desk clerk and he went ahead and looked up my reservation and saw my request for a king bed and went ahead with the booking, he asked for my id and credit card for any room charges and then handed me a sheet that detailed how I would be charged a $10 fee a night and asked me to sign I did and I was off to my room. The room was in the main building which is connected to the lobby via a path not in a nearby hotel or anything crazy. When I got to my room I was very surprised to find the amount of space I did (had a living area with a flat screen tv and sleep area with another tv., the room was great for a place to lay your head and rest after a day at the parks. Was it perfect no, but definitely doable for 45 bucks a night. Would I pay regular price for it NEVER. The bathroom and bed were fine and clean (which is all I cared about), with a little difficulty adjusting the bed but nothing a little reading of the instructions couldn't figure out. The fridge made a weird noise however, I didn't need it so I unplugged it for the night, and carpet and couches were a little dirty but nothing vomit inducing. This was fine for me and my 1 night stay for resting my head and taking a shower. The buffet was also pretty good. I didn't use any of the other amenities. The parking lot was dark, and the walk wasn't too bad, however I never felt unsafe, especially since others were around the same time I arrived. Would I stay here again? sure just as long as I pay $45 or less.

Hope this helps.. feel free to ask any questions.

I feel a little better... but the carpet being dirty is a problem because I do yoga every morning first thing (as is a weird noise from the fridge, because I do bring my own food wherever I go courtesy of insane dietary restrictions). I guess if I have to I can put the bedspread on the floor (it's not like I'd want that on the bed anyway). Did you use the wifi at all? I've heard reports that it's slow... I can always bring my mifi unit with me.

Glad that your stay worked out. Fingers crossed if I end up staying there... although hopefully I'll be posting about my 4* win prior to my trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]