Priceline Hotel: 3*/4* 10/19 - 10/22 in Boston

ghostwriter
By ghostwriter,
in

As I`m kinda stuck with my New York bid (going to book a backup), I`ll try for my next city: Boston!

Will arrive there on 10/19 and stay for 3 nights. Would love to stay in the Downtown/Copley Square Area but also consider Cambridge. What would be a reasonable bid for a 3* or even better a 4*? Is it going to be as hard as in NY? May i Get one under 120 $?

Thought about the Sheraton Newton ( I guess) on Hotwire (around 70 - 80 $), but would rather stay closer to downtown. I also thought about the airport area, as our flight arrives in Boston and we will go on from there by rental car. But I guess it`s not a good location to get to tourist things easy, right... or maybe someone can proof me wrong!

Saw some nice results for the Hyatt Financial. But will this work for my dates?

Thanks a lot for every help!!!!!

The rate for the Hyatt Regency and the Millennium Bostonian is $289. In the Copley area, the Colonnade is unavailable and the Sheraton is $299. Although these aren't the only Boston hotels, with rates this high it is unlikely that you will get a 4* for under $120.

You may want to book the Holiday Inn Select Gov't Center as a backup for $126.98 through the EasyClickTravel Search. Rooms are well sized, it's a short walk to the Charles/MGH T stop and about 2/3 of a mile from Faneuil Hall.

Also, unless you plan on visiting other areas of Massachusetts (or New England), a rental car isn't necessary for getting around the Boston metro area. The 'T' covers the city well (MBTA Map) and parking can easily cost over $30 per day for your rental car.

If you would like assistance on trying Priceline, just let us know the areas and we will work from there.

I thought that it would be quite hard to get an ixexpensive 4* for that date. Thanks for the idea with the Holiday Inn. I didn`t find it yet on easyclicktravel. Only the Marriott Quincy which is also kinda far...

Anyway... I`d like to try for the 3 star on priceline. If you suggest a bidding strategy, I'd really appreciate it.

The areas would be anyone close to a T-station... so Downtown, Copley and Cambridge. Highest bid is 120.

By the way... we get the car the day we leave, so we don`t have it while we are in Boston.

Thanks!!!

I thought that it would be quite hard to get an ixexpensive 4* for that date. Thanks for the idea with the Holiday Inn. I didn`t find it yet on easyclicktravel. Only the Marriott Quincy which is also kinda far...

If you use the link I provided (or the one at the top of the page - "Easyclicktravel search") you will find the Holiday Inn select under the "Off the Record!" drop down menu.

On Priceline, you have 2 free re-bid areas for the Boston area. Try to identify the 2 areas and verify them with us before bidding.

Alright, after doing a quick hotel rate search, you may want to try the following on Priceline. You can try this at the 4* level, but be sure to close your browser and start a new request when you move down to the 3* level.

Select 3* Downtown....

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Cambridge....

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Copley....

Select 3* Downtown and Copley....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110... if rejected stick with the Holiday Inn Select for now.

I also thought about the airport area, as our flight arrives in Boston and we will go on from there by rental car. But I guess it`s not a good location to get to tourist things easy, right... or maybe someone can proof me wrong!

I stayed in the Hilton Logan Airport

earlier this month after dropping the rental car off at the airport.

Winning bid was $65 and was a bargain.

Getting to downtown was not too much hassle, their shuttle bus ran 24 and went to the 'T' and the airport.

The 'T' of course doesn't run all night so if you're a late night party goer (we weren't) this location may cause you the extra cost of a taxi.

Average time to get to downtown was about 20 minutes.

Good luck with your bid.

I can`t find the Holiday Inn Select Government Center in Boston in this dropdown menu! There are several HI, but not the Select one. Is there anything I do wrong?

Maybe I book the BW Terrace Inn as a backup then. They offer it for 134,99 at their website. But I guess (hope) I might find it a liitle cheaper in the web. But I will also try your bidding suggestions!

About the rebidding: I know the two re-bidding-zones for the 4*: South Boston and Somerville, as they don`t have any 4* hotels. But I`m not sure what to do when bidding for 3*. Are there any areas that don`t have 3* hotels? I can`t find any.

Thanks for the help!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]