Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Toronto Centre

Analise
By Analise,
in

We've never been to Toronto before and I would like to Priceline our two nights in Toronto. We are not renting a car and we want to keep this weekend as inexpensive as we can. Which regions should we bid in? What should our first choice be, second choice, etc.? We live in NYC so taking the subway is a breeze....that's how we prefer to travel....or by bus I guess. Please advise how to tackle this city. Are the prices in US$?

Our itinerary involves Yankee games, the CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame. We are flying into YYZ. I know it is at the end of the big film festival in Toronto so I'm not sure if we're in trouble.

Thank you for your help.

Analise - Priceline bidding prices are in USD$ but obviously all prices while in Canada are CDN$

I am in Toronto often, but usually staying with friends, so I don't know the hotels firsthand. However, people seem to like the Marriott Courtyard in the Downtown zone.Marriott Courtyard.

The downtown Toronto area is very easy to navigate via public transit, either tram, bus or subway. 5 tokens are $CDN 10, a single ride is $CDN 2.50.

I think you want to stick with Downtown, if you can.

Have fun!

I would recommend sticking to the Downtown zone only - this way you can be guaranteed you'll be close to the subway. All the spots you want to see are close to each other anyway. Hotwire is showing $78 for a 3.5 stars for those dates, so you may want to try bidding on PL at $60 or so.

Good luck bidding. :)

Albert

We don't want to bid more than $60 per night. 3 star is what we want. Of course, we won't turn down 4 stars. I don't know much about the zones. We just want to be near the ballpark, perhaps near the water for boat rides, and with very easy public transportation. We would like to be in the middle of everything. That does sound vague. We only have really a day and a half including the ballgame. So we'd rather not spend too much time commuting.

Rates are a bit higher than usual for these dates, but fortunately you have two re-bid zones. This is how i would proceed given your maximum bid (assuming you have decided that Downtown is the correct zone).

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Re-bid zones can/do change so you should know how to check them yourself, otherwise we could post that ZoneXYZ is a re-bid zone and then by the time you bid it a hotel could have been added to that zone, not making it a re-bid zone anymore.

From PRICELINE RE-BIDDING, this is how you figure out what star levels are available in each area:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Give the above a read and then ask any questions that you may have if you don't understand something and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid $60 for DT Toronto. Was rejected but they offered me a free rebid if I agreed to add an additional $17 to it. I turned that down. I rebid adding Toronto East since it had no 4 star or 3 star hotels. My bid was just $2 more. It was accepted! So we will be staying at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel. I called them and asked for a king sized bed on a high floor and they seemed very accomodating.

Thanks for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]