Priceline Hotel: Tampa - Busch Gardens

tlocher
By tlocher,
in

I'm taking my son to Busch Gardens Sep. 29 - Oct 2. It looks as if this area has just one hotel in each the 3* and 2 1/2 * category. We're looking to get as cheap as possible so don't really care if it's the 3* or the 2 1/2. I'm assuming both are in decent neighborhoods anyway. Any clue on how to bid these hotels?

Trust me, you really don't want the 2.5*. It is most certainly the old HI on Fowler... We've stayed there before at full price and they still stuck us out in one of their old bldgs. miles away (or so it seemed) from the pool. Old, musty room... more like a Days Inn. The 3* is prob. still the DoubleTree Suites, while not new, are quite nice... MUCH better (cleaner) than the HI. I suspect the price difference between the 2 is only $10, maybe $15. The Embassy Suites, although listed as a PL possibility, is prob. too high for you to hit on PL. We've stayed at ES on a direct reservation (although I'll admit I overbid once and got DT instead of ES that I wanted). It is much newer; we love the atrium and the breakfast (you can get a lesser version at DT for a nominal charge), but is prob. not worth 2x the price you can get DT for on PL. On the other hand, if I was traveling without my husband, I would pay it because I felt much safer at the ES tower. (The pkg lots at the other two are very large and sinuous... I'd feel like I was begging to be mugged or worse after dark.) I believe you should be able to get the DT for at or near the $50 mark. In fact, it seems as if I saw a posting right at $50 very recently. This far out, though, I'd try it at $40, use my rebids, and take some time. I doubt they'll fill up this quickly even for their Halloween shindig.

I think the Holiday Inn is also rated a 3* and the Amerisuites is the 2.5*? Homeschool mom is right that I have seen the Doubletree for between 47-50$ also. For 3* you could try 45 and use 2 free rebids to get to 55 and if rejected you have plenty of time to try again. The Amerisuites regular rate is only 89$ so should be able to get it lower than the 3*

• 2 weeks later...

September 29th --- October 2nd (3 nights - - Thursday---Sunday)

Best or lowest available rates from hotel's websites:

3* Hotels:

Holiday Inn Busch Gardens - $76.99

DoubleTree Busch Gardens - $125.10

Embassy Suites near Busch Gardens - $139

2.5* Hotels:

Amersuites near Buch Gardens - $79

Free Rebid zones:

Brandon Zone and Tampa North Zone

MY Bidding Strategy for YOU:

Select Busch Gardens Zone and Bid $40

add Brandon Zone and Bid $45

add Tampa North Zone and Bid $50

wait the 72 hours and then........start the bidding process as detailed above over, but this time starting from $50

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I'm too late on this one, but you do NOT want to stay in the Busch Gardens area at all. I live in Tampa and prior to relocating, I would book hotels via Hotwire for the Westshore area, and that's the area by the airport, where the 2 malls are, and lots of food, etc. Its not a bad drive to get to the park, and the area is close to the highway, so if you can book that area, you should. I got a 3* hotel in the area for about $45 a night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]