Priceline Hotel: London Heathrow Hotel Help!

jules333
By jules333,
in

I need a hotel near heathrow airport in london for one night for July 12th. My parents have a one night stopover there. They need a hotel with shuttle service -hoppa bus. I have tried PRICELINE using the link here going from $50 to $70 increasing by $10. There are only 2 free bid zones. I have been declined all three times. Reading some of the other posts - I was hoping for a room for $50-70. How much do you think I need to increase to? I don't want to go over $120 total with taxes for the hotel. Thanks

I don't want to go over $120 total with taxes for the hotel.

What is your maximum bid amount (before taxes and fees) for this stay?

My maximum bid amount is a total of $120 for the night.

It's not clear from your post... have you changed your budget from $120 all-in to $120 bid amount before fees and taxes?

Please confirm.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sadly, I think it's a tough time to be getting hotels as people start arriving in London to get ready for the Olympics, I am betting that the rooms are being taken by people who will be working on the setup. It might come down to the old "either bid higher or go for 3*" adage. Usually you can get something at 4* with a max of $90 at Heathrow from what I understand. It's just a bad time to be looking for a hotel there. There are other budget chains there like Ibis (2*), Premier Inn or Novotel (3*), you can probably look at those using the links on "Support Page" on this site. I think there are links to Orbitz and Hotels.com there too, but if Priceline doesn't have it at $90, none of the 4* on those sites will have it. I always see the "Heathrow Palace" from the Picadilly Line when I take the Tube into town and I've always wondered about it.... (I am kidding about staying there, it would be a 1* if that and definitely out of the Hoppa's range).

I took a look at Hotwire, they have NOTHING for that night at any * level. I did note that they have hotels in the Slough/Windsor area at about $95 a night and that should be close enough that a taxi wouldn't be outrageous.

PL's retail site's cheapest 4* is $165 (the Renaissance), but they have stuff like the 3* Days Inn for about $100, but no guarantee that it would be on the Hoppa route. It said that it is 110 yards from the tube, which would be just as convenient. Take a look at the known 3* hotels on here and on the PL retail site and see how comfortable you would be if you won one of those. Unfortunately, you will either need to try for 3* or increase your budget. I think it's doubtful that rates are likely to come down between now and then. If it were for my family, I would sigh and keep increasing my bids and keep aiming for a 4* if I wasn't sure about the quality of the hotel I'd be getting if I were going for 3*. If $ was a real issue, then I'd try to save $ by going 3* figuring it would be for one night only and wouldn't be likely to kill me.

If the Renaissance is at $165, I would guess that you're not too far off, with the proviso that the city is gearing up for the Olympics and hotels are tougher to come by. Unfortunately nothing in the calendar of wins for that night anywhere in the UK, so I have nothing else to gauge it by.

I saw a posting that Starwood's "beat the timer" had deals for the Sheraton Heathrow so I took a look. It is 80 euros a night for July 1 -22, but of course the night you're looking for it's 130 euros. It seems that there is not a lot of availability July 9-12 which probably also fits in with that airshow.

PRICELINE had a 4 star slough-heathrow hotel for $92 in their express deals. Amenities include restaurant, business center and fitness center. Is this the marriott windsor? Any other possibilities?

Hotwire has a 4 star slough/windsor area hotel for $101 - amenities include indoor pool, smoke -free rooms, pool, fitness area, restaurant, business area, laudry(self), high speed internet, accessible for blind, accessible for deaf, free internet, accessible path for travel, in-room accessibility, accessible bathroom, handicap parking, and roll-in shower. Is this the marriott windsor?

Plus, on priceline I do not see the copthorne on their hotel list. Could it still be this. I don't think the hoppa bus goes to the copthorne, only reason I don't want this one. IT serves the marriott windsor though. please help...which one to go with?

I think that PL 4* has to be the Copthorne, since it does not have a pool listed as an amenity on PL (though in looking at the hotel's website it does) and is about $118 on the retail site while the Marriott is $296 (and it has a pool).

The Copthorne's website says it has airport transfer service, so not sure what that is. I think it means they'll book a taxi which costs GBP25 to get to Heathrow.

I'm not as familiar with Hotwire, but caution that what is a 4* there is often a 3-3.5* on PL.

But then -- if it is $92 as a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, I wonder if you can get something in the $70 range if you were to bid on PL?

Yes - that is what I was thinking too...if I should bid on a 4star on priceline for the slough area. I don't want the copthorne just because getting there from heathrow and getting back will be costly and more time consuming. If I bid on PRICELINE for a 4 star - I should get the copthorne or the marriott right?

Hotwire has a 4 star slough/windsor area hotel for $101 - amenities include indoor pool, smoke -free rooms, pool, fitness area, restaurant, business area, laudry(self), high speed internet, accessible for blind, accessible for deaf, free internet, accessible path for travel, in-room accessibility, accessible bathroom, handicap parking, and roll-in shower. What could this be? I need a heathrow area hotel for one night stopover. It is for July 12th for one night.

I looked at the last minute travel and the holiday inn express. Does the hoppa us serve the holiday inn express? I did not see it on the website and it shows you have to take the subway ot taxi. I will call the hotel.

Hotwire has a 3 star heathrow aiport hotel for July 12th for $68 - amenities include - airport shuttle, restaurant, business center, laundry facilities (self-service) and high-speed internet access. It is 85% hotwire costumer recommended and 3.5/5 - trip advisor rating. Please help identify. thanks

Thanks codycharles...I called the holiday inn express and they do have hopa bus service. I made the booking for that via lastminute travel and am awaiting confirmation. It says they will confirm within 48 hours. The hotwire 3 star is $86 with taxes and not sure what it is. I do not think I will get a better deal on priceline. thanks

Can someone still help me identify the hotwire 3 star hotel listed earlier incase the last minute travel offer does not go through? Please?

Hotwire has a 3 star heathrow aiport hotel for July 12th for $68 - amenities include - airport shuttle, restaurant, business center, laundry facilities (self-service) and high-speed internet access. It is 85% hotwire costumer recommended and 3.5/5 - trip advisor rating.

thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]