Priceline Hotel: Toronto Minivan/SUV rental

constantine
By constantine,
in

Any tips for getting a minivan or standard/full-size SUV rental in Toronto (at the airport) through priceline? Regular advertised rates are about $2500 for 15 days, end of July beginning of August, which is ridiculous. I am willing to pay half that. I've been bidding $55 per day every day for the last week or so (which with taxes comes to about $1250) but no luck...

the best i've been able to do so far has been to book a cancel-able 14 day car rental from downtown returning the car to the airport for about $1500 for an SUV. I suppose i can now keep bidding on priceline for an SUV from the airport for less than that... If i don't get it, at least i will have something for a half decent price...

The other alternative is to go with one of those car rental companies you've never heard of such as Fox, Zoom, etc but i'd rather not do that, there are a lot of complaints with all of them...

• 3 months later...

In case anybody is interested, I ended up booking directly through Thrifty.com with an AMEX 15% discount. Thrifty dropped their prices, unexpectedly a week or two before my trip from about $75 per day to about $38 per day. No other rental company lowered prices - most of them were at about $100 per day! Hotwire were at about $75 per day and my repeated bids on PRICELINE for about $55 kept failing...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of Thrifty as well as most other major online travel agencies, hotel chains, and rental companies... please check for and use the links there whenever possible.

Hope you had a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]