Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Granville Entertainment District) Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre

travisl
By travisl,
in

Work is sending me to downtown Vancouver for one night, and is putting me up at the Sutton Place for $218 night (after tax) through the company travel agency. Fools. I'd like to stay an extra day for vacation, but it would come out of my pocket, and I'm cheap. Step 1: I asked myself, "how much is it worth to not change hotels?" I figured it would be worth about $30 to be able to stay in the same place an extra night.

I'm seeing a $124 per night 5* on Hotwire ($152 after tax), which I'm nearly certain is Sutton Place, but could be Pan Pacific. Regardless, I'd chance it for the $66 in savings. However, reports in this forum about Priceline indicate that I could get another nice downtown hotel even cheaper.

I want to stay in a 4* either downtown or in the Granville Entertainment District. The Airport and North Vancouver also have 4* zones, and Delta has no hotels at any level, so that gives me eight bites at the apple, adding the other non-4* zones while bidding on 4* hotels. If I got to $122 after tax, I'd stop and take the Hotwire offer. Thus, with a little calulation, I figured I'd start at $65 pre-tax and go up to $100 pre-tax.

Bids for $65, $70, $75, $80, $85, $90, and $95 were rejected. I entered "$100", but that calculated the total price as $123. Too much. $99 calculates to $122 after tax. I bid $99. Accepted, $122 after tax.

It gets good reviews on TripAdvisor, and it's only two blocks from Sutton Place, so switching hotels one night shouldn't be a big hassle. Yay!

(TL;DR: Seven bids up to $95 rejected, eighth bid at $99 accepted.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]