Priceline Hotel: 4* Rome (Vatican City) Quality Hotel Nova Domus

qasr
By qasr,
in

Well, I am a bit annoyed about this one. I started at $90 for 5* for Central, then 4* for $102.

I added Vatican and raised to $112, and priceline said that it was unlikely to accept that bid. I stupidly raised to $128, and chose 4* as well. I got this hotel, which seems like it is outside the Vatican Area. Worse than that, I checked on the hotel's website and found that it would sell me the room for 110 EUR!, this is $132 and only $4 more than waht I got on priceline.

Any ideas on how I can cancel this, if at all? I was thinking of disputing the credit card charge, but am not sure where I stand. Should I just keep it? It doesn't seem like a good deal at all if I only saved $4...

Am i correct that this is in Priceilne's Vatican zone? (and not the Central zone?)

Did you feel desperate to get 'something' that you added a live zone (that you apparently didn't want) with over a month before your stay?

Also, it's usually recommened to LOWER YOUR BID IF YOU LOWER YOUR STAR QUALITY... feel free to ask for help before bidding for your next hotel stay.

Please do clarify the zone for us.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, this is in the Vatican City Area.

I should have lowered my bid. I just wanted to get the hotel there and then--that being my downfall. I'll take it on the chin, it seems like a nice place, and I'm sure I'll enjoy my holiday regardless. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]