Hotwire Hotel: Question? number of guests per room 3 or 4.

giadav
By giadav,
in

I have a question. 4 adults per room in the Minneapolis area, searched and got prices. I assume these rooms will have 2 beds. When I change the search to 3 adults I get a better price and hotel option that doesn't show up with 4 adult. Assuming the room is still going to have 2 beds. What do you think about purchasing this, would it be a problem?

Thanks

I assume these rooms will have 2 beds.

Assuming the room is still going to have 2 beds.

The above is a big assumption, depending upon how you define 'two beds'... while the room may indeed have two 'actual' beds the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway, etc. brought into the room. Are you considering this to be a second 'bed' and would this work for your needs?

What do you think about purchasing this, would it be a problem?

It could be... the hotel that only appears for 3 people may be intending to only provide a rollaway and they may only have single sized rollaways and therefore only have their hotel appear for up to triple, and not for quad occupancy. The room could only be designated, as per fire code for three, and therefore not sold for quad occupancy. There are other scenarios too, but the above are common examples, and while perhaps not the most likely of outcomes, they're certainly plausible, and are examples of how an issue could arise. Bottomline it comes down to a calculated risk and how we'll you'll be able to adapt should you have a problem... if you had to pay for an update to a room with two beds would/could you do so? If you received a room with only one bed and a single rollaway/pullout... could/how you deal with that situation?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]