Bidding Again before 24 hours (Used to be 72 hours)

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

disneyrunner,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start a NEW TOPIC in the Priceline Florida section of the board and somebody will assist you there. In your post please include the date(s) of your stay as well as the details of the bids you placed yesterday (star rating, bid price, zones included) and what it is that you're trying to bid now.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Can you rebid and raise up the price if you change the date? I would try for a lower rate and 3 nights, if I can't get the lower rate, I'd raise the rate and then go down to 2 nights?

Trying for NYC Chelsea or Soho Financial for 10/18-10/20/2013. I'd start with lowest bid for Oct 17 - 20.

I'd like something under $200 for a 4* hotel.

I've already posted in Hotwire and Priceline Forumsand I'm searching through this site.

Thanks again for this great resource.

Any time you change the check-in or check-out dates it is treated as a brand new bid and previous bidding history (for different dates) does not apply.

However, one 'fault' with your approach above is that different dates can have different rates (even when changing the dates by just one nite). for as an example:

3 nites where retail rates are $100/$100/$200 --> let's just say the 'right' bid price is $110/nite

2 nites (dropping the last nite) $100/$100 --> where the 'right' bid price is $60/nite

If you bid for 3 nites up to $100 and rejected, then decide to drop the last nite and only bid for the first two nites, raising your bid to $105, you've just overbid for these two nites since the two nite stay was available at $60.

To further this discussion, and specific advice for your October trip, we will continue the discussion in your Priceline New York City hotel thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
THINGS TO NOTE WHEN USING THIS STRATEGY:

-DON"T use our database of previous hotels to determine what zones contain what star ratings, as our list is NOT complete and new hotels are added all the time and star levels can change at any time.

-when checking star levels in a given zone, only ONE zone/sub-zone should be selected at a time.

-the zone you add (that you really don't want) must NOT have the star level you are bidding OR HIGHER. If you are bidding 3* and add a zone that does not have 3* but does have 4*, Priceline can upgrade you to the 4*! When you select a star level, it is the MINIMUM star level that you are willing to accept.

-if you don't fully understand how this process works, ask for help to avoid an accepted bid in an area that you don't want

I am a newbie to all this today - pretty much getting the whole rebidding thing - just one question about the explanation in red above.

In connection to your example, If i am wanting/bidding on a 3* hotel and I am rejected, I need to rebid - and the zone I select for my rebidding has 2* and 4* hotels only (no 3*), are you saying that Priceline WILL CONSIDER the 4* hotel a possibility and I have the chance to win that 4* hotel (because my lowest star rating i'll accept is 3*) ??

... the zone I select for my rebidding has 2* and 4* hotels only (no 3*)...

This would NOT be a re-bid zone since, as you point out, your 3* bid could be upgraded to the higher rated 4* hotel.

If you have a specific upcoming trip in mind feel free to start a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate state category with the details of your trip (desired star level, dates of your stay, acceptable zones, maximum bid, etc) and we can confirm your re-bid zones and suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

After all this time, I thought that I was doing the zone rebid correctly. I had figured it out long before I found this website and was happy to find validation in my method. However, I somehow missed the extra rebids. For instance with zones 1, 2, 3, 4. I would do:

Then right after I did this method and maxed out my tries for 24 hours, (literally only a few mins later), I came back and reread and realized that I should have done:

etc...

That would have saved me having to wait a day. While my trip was still over a week away so I wasn't in a hurry, it still would have been great to get it over with in one sitting. Not to mention that after I waited the 1 day, the first entry that I put in ending up being the winning bid.

Welp, you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the great information.

• 3 months later...

How does one know that a resort is in the mix in a potential free re-bid zone, is it still at the bottom of the start listing that would pop up if you select a zone that has a resort in it? 

I looked at Summerlin and didn't see any "resort" listing unless I didn't look close enough?  I take it it's the same disclosure system for resort regardless of city one is bidding in?

biddybidbid,

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Price.line no longer uses a 'Resort' category and has replaced it with the '4.5 star' rating. This makes it easier to determine your re-bid zones as everything is now in sequential order.

For help with, or to report a win for, an upcoming trip please start a NEW TOPIC in the Priceline Las Vegas section of the board.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Can I lower my bid after selecting a lower minimum star level rating? For instance: I start my bid at $30 for zone A in an area with 4 rebid zones, work my way up $1 at a time up to $45, still no dice; no more rebids left. If I then select 3.5 stars as my minimum rating, am I stuck starting at $45, or can I go back down to $30 since this is a lower quality class of hotels? 

Chug - you can lower your price when you start in on the lower star level.  

But in order to pursue a series of bids at the lower level, using rebids, you do have to close your browser and link back in again.  Otherwise all the zones you had checked while bidding the higher level stay checked.  

And do make sure you know just which zones are usable for rebids at the lower level.  The list might be the same, but usually will be shorter.

Romelle

• 1 month later...

Is it a good strategy to only bid for one night (I need 2 total), and see what I end up with.  I recall that Priceline would let you add additional nights at the same winning bid price. I'm not sure if they do this anymore, but if they do, would this be a good idea?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Breaking up a stay isn't always a good option and really is something done more on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know the complete details of the stay under the appropriate subforum for the location and we would be happy to offer our thoughts.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]