Bidding Again before 24 hours (Used to be 72 hours)

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Although it is mentioned further along in this string, it is important to realize that a zone with a "resort" is the same as a zone with a 4* in it. I got stuck with a resort in a zone without a 4* because I didn't realize the equivalence between the two. So not only did I get a hotel in an inconvenient zone I also was stuck with a resort fee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im trying to use the rebid option, but price line woud not alowed me.

When i try to rebid, An inbox tell me the follow:

Important:

Your request has already been submitted and received. It is not possible to make any changes to a request after it has been submitted. If you have any questions about your request, please visit our Customer Service Answer Center. Thank you for using priceline!

Is rebid still working, or do they put some locks on it? :)

Thanks

ThEBoB,

Please add a reply to this thread with the city/zone that you're bidding, as well as what zone(s) you have bid and which zone(s) you're now trying to add as re-bid zones.

We'll then move your post(s) to the correct State/Country section of the board and reply to you there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

New to the site. Great info. I'm trying to wrap my brain around this re-bidding thing. i saw the example of 6 rebid zones in NY, by adding a rebid zone, then upping the amount gives you 6 tries. Question is, can you drop your star rating from 4 to 3.5 and they go back through the rebid zones again (minus the rebid zones that have 3.5 hotels. i think NY has Brooklyn and MSG as 3.5 available) allowing you to then rebid more?

so say in the end i want MTE, MTW, TS. i can go 4*, 6 times, adding each rebid zone and increasing bid amount. If still no luck, I can drop to 3.5* and go 4 more times.

Yes, you can drop your star level and use the re-bid zones available at the new star level to bid again. HOWEVER, PRICELINE will not let you UNcheck (deselect) a zone once bid, so once you've exhausted your bidding and re-bid zones at the 4* level, you'll need to close the browser, use a link on the board to re-access PRICELINE, and start with a 'clean slate' at the 3.5* level.

If you need help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC in the PRICELINE - New York sectioin of the board and we can provide more specific advice for your stay there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
PRICELINE requires that you wait 24 hours before placing the same exact bid, but will allow you to bid again if you change something... dates, zone, minimum star rating. Often our travel dates are firm and can't be changed, which leaves us with changing zones and/or minimum star ratings.

If your bid is rejected, you can often add a zone that does NOT offer that star level or higher (ie- add a zone that ONLY offers lower star ratings) and bid once again, raising your bid by a slight amount. An example follows:

Assume city XYZ has an uptown and downtown zone. You bid 4* uptown at $50 and are turned down, and are told you can bid again if you change something. IF downtown ONLY offers 3* Hotels and BELOW, you can add the downtown zone (so you are now bidding on downtown AND uptown) and once again bid for 4*. This will allow you to raise your bid and try again, essentially only bidding uptown, since downtown doesn't have any hotels that fit your star level criteria.

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a PRICELINE page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

THINGS TO NOTE WHEN USING THIS STRATEGY:

-DON"T use our database of previous hotels to determine what zones contain what star ratings, as our list is NOT complete and new hotels are added all the time and star levels can change at any time.

-when checking star levels in a given zone, only ONE zone/sub-zone should be selected at a time.

-the zone you add (that you really don't want) must NOT have the star level you are bidding OR HIGHER. If you are bidding 3* and add a zone that does not have 3* but does have 4*, Priceline can upgrade you to the 4*! When you selelct a star level, it is the MINIMUM star level that you are willing to accept.

-if you don't fully understand how this process works, ask for help to avoid an accepted bid in an area that you don't want

EDIT: if you are having trouble understanding this concept, there is a visual explanation that may help about 8-9 posts below this one, just scroll down

Yes, you can drop your star level and use the re-bid zones available at the new star level to bid again. HOWEVER, PRICELINE will not let you UNcheck (deselect) a zone once bid, so once you've exhausted your bidding and re-bid zones at the 4* level, you'll need to close the browser, use a link on the board to re-access PRICELINE, and start with a 'clean slate' at the 3.5* level.

If you need help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC in the PRICELINE - New York sectioin of the board and we can provide more specific advice for your stay there.

Hmmm. I tried that tonight. I was finished bidding at 4* level and closed the browser and re-opened a PL page from this site to start again with 3.5*. But after I checked 3.5* and went to the next page, it still had the 4* checked, as well as the 3.5 *. So I think to have a clean slate on star level, you probably have to wait 24 hours?? At least I do.

• 3 months later...
That's correct, but make sure that only one zone was checkmarked on the screen before that.

Ok, it took me this long to figure out the re-bidding strategy and now I understand it. The visual you provided worked better for me. I had to re-read it a few times and at first didn't see the greyed out areas. Now I do! I feel ready to bid, thank you so much Thereuare! It's nerve wrecking, but I have tried to read as much as I can. I'm sure the first time is the worse of it.

Appreciate your advice!

• 5 months later...

I have been using Priceline for at least 10 years, over 100 times, and have found it to be the most cost effective way to get hotel rooms and rental cars. I thought I was super "Priceline Savvy", until reading this post! I tried the re-bidding strategy you have posted here AND IT WORKED!! Thank you so much, now I actually am even more "Priceline Savvy"!

• 4 months later...

Excellent advice. I've screwed up several times over the years when booking a PL name your own price hotel for the exact same reason, or because I thought I had changed a zone but had actually added a differnt zone to my bid. I try my best to triple check the bid summary page to be sure it's accurate before clicking on the buy my hotel link, and if I'm still a bit uncertain, I go back and re-enter the bid information to be sure I am right!

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

I am a newbie to this priceline thing. I read everywhere that you cannot submit the same bid (exact configuration but with a higher price) and you need to wait for 24 hours before doing so. Not knowing this initially, and noticing that I cannot just change the price after a rejection, I started from scratch with the exact same zones but with a higher price. I was given a new request number but the bidding actually went through (although rejected again). My question is why can't I use this strategy instead of waiting for 24 hours or permuting other zones into the areas that I want. What are the drawbacks here ? I know that I am missing something, I just don't know what that is !

Thanks a lot in advance,

It was either a fluke/glitch in their system and you won't likely be able to repeat this again (at least not on a consistent basis). The other possibility is that you were given a counter-offer to re-submit your bid at a higher price, but you tried to undercut the counter-offer.

If you'd like to discuss the issue further, or would like help bidding for your upcoming trip, please start a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate state category (see this Getting Started thread if you're unsure where to post)

Also, please read your messages before posting.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the picture! that definitely help!

Since some like to see a picture instead of words, here's a visual of RE-Bidding:

Imagine two zones: ABC and XYZ

Zone ABC has 4*, 3*, 2*, 1* hotels

Zone XYZ has 3*, 2*, 1* hotels

So Zone ABC can be visualized as follows:

and Zone XYZ can be visualized as follows:

You bid 4* in Zone ABC and are rejected, so you add Zone XYZ (which only has hotels lower than 4*) and once again request a 4* hotel. The universe that Priceline will search looks like this:

abcxyz.jpg

Hopefully it is now easy to see that this is essentially like bidding again on Zone ABC, since the only possibility for getting a 4* hotel in this universe is in Zone ABC.

As always, feel free to ask any questions.

• 6 months later...

It is not letting me uncheck the hotel * rating that i had on a previous bid for my rebid...

User error... please start a NEW TOPIC with the details of the trip you're bidding on (city, zones, star rating, dates, etc) and we will assist you there.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

I just wanted to post that there should be a clarification / big time disclaimer added to this. I tried the rebid process in Las Vegas and got screwed big time. It gave me a resort in a different location when I only selected 4*/5* on the North Strip - even though there are no 4*/5* in the location they gave me... Be wary! Priceline would not refund my $350 no matter what I did, and I can't stay there. :(

By the way, any suggestions on how to get Priceline to cancel / refund the hotel? I can't believe they won't after my explanation... :( I feel so crappy right now that I just lost $350!

--Kyle

Do you mean like this in the first post:

THINGS TO NOTE WHEN USING THIS STRATEGY:

-the zone you add (that you really don't want) must NOT have the star level you are bidding OR HIGHER. If you are bidding 3* and add a zone that does not have 3* but does have 4*, Priceline can upgrade you to the 4*! When you selelct a star level, it is the MINIMUM star level that you are willing to accept.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

I'm guessing you clicked "Summerlin" as one of your rebid zones, and were bidding 4*?

Summerlin does not have 4* hotels, BUT if you look way at the bottom of the star level list, you will find Summerlin has Resort level hotels. PRICELINE considers Resort level higher than 4*, so even if you are bidding 4* you can be given an "upgrade" into Resort level.

I'm sorry this happened to you. People have been able to get refunds/cancelations for other reasons, I don't know of anybody that has gotten one for this issue.

While I don't know what your travel plans are, perhaps a rental car might be a less expensive solution than tossing this reservation and making another? I understand the Summerlin Resorts are very nice. I know somebody that got bit similarly in San Juan and resolved it with a rental car.

For future reference, you can always post your list of assumed free rebid zones and somebody will double check them for you.

The problem exists in a few other cities too. Phoenix is another example.

Romelle

Thanks, yeah, I figured most of that out *after* I bid :( It was Summerlin and I got the JW Marriot resort. I thought about a rental car, but I want to be able to walk to the conference (on the strip) each day, not have to park, etc. It really sucks, but I guess I'm just out $350 :( Priceline won't take care of me. Why have a separate "resort" listing if it counts as a 4* or 5* hotel?

--Kyle

• 1 month later...

<clip>

So to get most free rebids you have to restart your browser a lot more often (actually after almost every bid with a few exceptions when you go to one more zone) and do

A

AB

close browser

AC

close browser

AD

close browser

AE

close browser

AF

ABF

close browser

ABC

<clip>

I haven't seen any replies to this post, so I thought I'd just mention that this method worked great for me and my priceline win.

Just be sure to open PRICELINE with the right link after you close your browser each time!

Thanks for the advice!!

• 2 months later...

Hi all! So I'm attempting to use the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained method and it keeps telling me I've already bid on this particular area (which I have not). I'm trying to bid on a 4 star in Disneyland South and there are plenty of locations I can add that don't have 4 star hotels. I don't want to waste all of them as I've already tried 3 and it states I've already bid on this and need to wait such and such time. I bid on this yesterday but I never used any of these additional locations, just bid exclusively on Disneyland South. Can anyone help?

Yes I'm using the links :D

I'd like to add that I even tried opening another browser.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]