Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) The Shoreham Hotel

dave80
By dave80,
in

So I'm heading to Manhattan and wish to be in Times Square, Midtown West or Central Park South districts.... what are your thoughts on Priceline for this time period, impossible or are there any secrets?

I've tried a number of bids so far, differing dates and splitting the stay, have even tried 2.5* and still no avail (I know it's a far period ahead of me but given it's peak season I thought it made sense).

Have tried up to $330 + 10 bonus cash 4* and $175 + 10 for 2.5* and nothing. The calendar of wins for last year didn't give me too much confidence either (only a handful of wins over this period).

Should I potentially look at Hotwire instead or just suck it up and pony up the cash for a retail raping from our hotel friends?

NYE is really the problem and, to a lesser degree, the day before/after with people extending their stay in either direction. You're probably best breaking this stay up into at least a couple of parts. Would that be acceptable? What would be your desired max bid per night? Would MTE or other zones also be acceptable?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

yeah i think i'll just keep battling along maybe 12/28 until 1/02 and split into 01/02 until 01/04....

i only wanted to spend a max $330 if I were in TS/MTW (based on retail) ... i think i'll just keep trying but have a flexible booking as a safety net.

Just an update, I got a bit carried away and amateurishly became emotional where I just wanted to win....

anyway I ended up with the 4* Shoreham Hotel in Midtown West (55th & 6th) - bit disappointed but given the time of year I probably didn't have much choice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]