Priceline Hotel: No clue where to stay: Dodgers and Angels

coladad
By coladad,
in

I will be in the Los Angeles area at the end of July to take my kids to a Dodgers game and then to an Angels game. We are coming from the east coast and have no idea where to begin to look for a place to stay. Nor do I have any idea when is the best time to start trying to book something. We will be there for games Sunday and Monday and then head down to San Diego on either Tuesday or Wednesday, so it is likely a three night stay Saturday - Tuesday (maybe thru Wednesday).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please provide a little more information about what you are looking for in terms of budget per night/star rating, as well as date/s of travel. We'll use this thread for the Los Angeles portion of the stay, please start a new thread for the San Diego stay. As for the LA portion of the stay, are you primarily coming for the game or are you going to do sightseeing in LA as well?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Dates are 7/28/ - 7/31 in Los Angeles. I would imagine a 3.5 - 4 star if that can be had for $75/night. Although I would spend a bit more for convenience. I am on the east coast and have no concept of the area. We are on a baseball trek, hitting major league parks. We will have some time between games but this LA/Anaheim portion of the trip is more baseball than sightseeing. My kids are 7 and 9, so whatever else we do, it must be kid friendly or eductional, and unavailable at home.

thanks.

Another aspect to consider is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know your thoughts on the above and which service you think you would like to move forward with and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm on the east coast too, but i'm not 100% sure i understand your itinerary.

Dodgers stadium is near Downtown Los Angeles and the California Angels stadium is in Anaheim... these two locations are more than 30 minutes apart, and given traffic conditions for this area can take anywhere from 40 minutes to 1hr 40minutes (and i'm assuming traffic will more likely be heavy vs. light during game times).

Are you looking for one hotel stay while you visit each stadium OR two different hotels close to each? If looking for one stay, do you want to try and stay near one location making the commute easy for one segment and longer for the other OR looking to stay in between with an 'moderate' commute for each?

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help. I guess what I am asking is: what would people recommend. Ideally, I would like to pick a spot and stay there for all three nights and not have to move. But, if the wisdom is that we will spend more time in traffic going back and forth because the locations, then we can certainly move places. We will arrive on Saturday 7/28 -- see the Angels Sunday afternoon and the Dodgers Monday night, and probably head to San Diego on Tuesday. I am really open to whatever makes the most sense, and typically to me, that means one hotel, although again, I am really totally clueless on this one.

Thanks.

I'm not local to the area so i can't say too much about the driving conditions at specific times of day, but given your first game is in Los Angeles, then your next game is in Anaheim (south of Los Angeles), and your next location is San Diego (south of Anaheim) i would likely pick-up and move as i wouldn't want to backtrack from Anaheim to Los Angeles and then have to bypass the area again on my way to San Diego.

You could either do one nite Los Angeles and two nites Anaheim, or vice versa, and i simply wouldn't unpack too much for the one nite stay, making it easier to pick-up and go the following morning.

Somebody more local to the area may be able to comment better, but given what i've seen from looking at a map, the above is how i would play it.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 5 years later...

Sorry for the delay in responding, we were unsuccessful in finding a room within our range at the time on PRICELINE in Los Angeles, so we stayed in a room in Universal City that we had booked as a backup.  It worked well as the kids ending up enjoying a day at Universal studios.

Since our first game was in Anahiem, we stayed there on Saturday night, but honestly can't remember where. I believe it was a Hilton or a Hyatt.  We then drove up to Universal City Sunday night and Monday night.  We left for San Diego Tuesday morning.  The baseball team schedules would not allow to start with the Dodgers as they were not in town until Monday and the Angels left town on Sunday. 

I believe that was our first trip trying to use PRICELINE and really did not understand how to go about it or how to properly participate here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]