Hotwire Hotel: 3* DC (Alexandria - Old Town) Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Alexandria/Fort Belvoir

trinchick
By trinchick,
in

Hello,

I'm looking at a 3* in Alexandria. Dates are 8/11-8/12 (one night). Amenities are:

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

I'm guessing Hawthorn Suites but I'd like a second opinion before pulling the trigger. Thanks!

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board and although i did research it, i'm not able to gain any insight as to what hotel this may be... have you looked at the 3.5* for the same price or the 4* for ~$10 more? Is there anything in particular you need from this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was attracted to the free parking and breakfast. We're stopping in the Alexandria area for just one night to visit Mount Vernon on our way to our final destination (Williamsburg). We'll be arriving pretty late as we'll be driving from the Boston area and then leaving first thing in the morning, so we don't need anything too special. Maybe for the price, I'll just roll the dice. Will report back with whatever we do.

Thanks for checking!

While this property has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, I am seeing a 100% customer approval rating on the listing (and a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page) when searching for these dates, so reviews are certainly quite good. The tripadvisor rating is seen on the bottom half of the detail page - do confirm that you are also seeing it as well if you are interested in this listing. (click "see detail".)

Thank you for keeping us updated and for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

So I went for it and got Holiday Inn Express - ALEXANDRIA FORT BELVOIR. Reviews on Tripadvisor look decent, and the location is actually great for Mount Vernon. Advance purchase rate directly on their website was $128 +tax, so I think this was a pretty good deal at $93 after Hotwire fees/taxes.

Used the HOTWIRE link here. Thanks for all of your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the deal you received for this well reviewed property, and it seem that this will work well for your plans.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your results, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]