Hotwire Hotel: Fort Lauderdale April 2013

pmonty
By pmonty,
in

I have been looking at hotels in Fort Lauderdale Beach zone for one night next late April. The exact date is a couple weeks beyond the 330 day booking time frame right now, but when I can book a room I will do so through the above HOTWIRE link. I do have a question that hopefully someone can help with. I have read that some of the hotels charge "resort fees" upon check-in. Does anyone have any experience with the 4* Beach zone Fort Lauderdale hotels as to which ones do charge "resort fees" and how much these fees are?

Thanks in advance for replies. When I can post the exact details of my search I will do so to try to find out which hotel I would possibly book at. I have never used either hotwire or priceline services before, but I'm excited about using the services for this upcoming stay

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Resort fees are unfortunately common at Florida properties - while they don't seem to be as quite as common in Fort Lauderdale, some hotels do charge them. There is no way to increase the odds of/avoid a particular property when bidding on PRICELINE, so when bidding on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any property at the star rating chosen in the zone/s chosen. With HOTWIRE, there is a "Know Before You Go" section on the detail page of the listings and this often shows an *approximate* resort fee if there is one.

Please let us know date/s of travel and desired budget per night when you are ready to bid.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering what hotel this might be. Thanks in advance for replies.

Fort Lauderdale Beach Zone

4 star rating

April 28, 2013 one room, one night

$138.00 price on Hotwire + tax and fees of $27.00 = $165.00

I'm also assuming there will be resort fee charged at check-in.

As asked above, wondering what hotel this might be and if this is an especially good rate or might possibly drop. I did at one point see this 4* class rating with around a $107 price one day when I was looking around but the date I need was not within the 330 day time frame for booking. I will definitely use the above HOTWIRE link to book the room.

So sorry I neglected to list the amenities.

April 28, 2013, one room, one night $138.00 price on Hotwire + tax and fees of $27.00 = $165.00

4-star Hotel in Fort Lauderdale Beach

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Resort

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks for directing me to the PRICELINE FAQ section for more information about purchase timing. I will check it out.

Wanted to check out airport zone also for this one night stay. April 28, 2013 3.5-star Hotel in Fort Lauderdale Intl Airport hotwire price $118.00/night

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks in advance for any guesses as to which property this would be.

My best guess for this property would be the Crowne Plaza... with a very slight chance of the Hyatt Place (this is usually rated 3* so if it was this property i'd be surprised)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]