Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Downtown - SoHo) Club Quarters Downtown

Stephent
By Stephent,
in

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking for accommodations in New York City between 21JUN and 24JUN.

We're transiting EWR, so Madison Square Garden, Times Square and Midtown East are preferred for access to the AirTrain. However, we could also stay downtown (Club Quarters) and take the SuperShuttle (usually a non-stop trip to/from EWR).

Are there any diamonds in the rough that I'm overlooking? We're looking for at least 3.5 stars.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your expected budget (per nite before taxes/fees) for this trip?

Unless you're also coming from/heading to JFK i'm not sure how the MTE zone provides you direct access to the AirTrain (not that it's too big of a deal as it's easy enough to get from one part of Manhattan to another via subway, taxi, bus, etc). Is EWR your arrival and departure airport?

Note that when bidding less than 4* in the MTE zone some hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway, is this acceptable?

If you decide to include Downtown in your bidding, there is no way to assure that you'll receive the Club Quarters... is this the only Downtown hotel you're willing to accept OR are you willing to accept any 3.5* or higher hotel in this zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Our limit is up to $200 per night, so let's throw it wide open... MTE, TS, MSG and Downtown are areas we know and would be comfortable in. However, we're open to suggestions for other areas. - especially for a diamond in the rough.

I mentioned Club Quarters because I figured it'd be the lowest priced place downtown.

Anyone got a great recommendation? 21JUN-24JUN, $200 per night (with taxes) transiting EWR.

At the 3.5* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* MTE and MST...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* TS and DT...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTE and TS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MSG and DT...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTE and MSG and DT...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTE and MSG and TS...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTE, TS, MSG and DT...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170

(NOTE: if you get to $160 you may want to consider stopping there as HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the DT zone for $161/nite)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PS:Hotel amenities are as follows...

3-star Hotel in Downtown - SoHo - Financial District

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Complimentary Breakfast

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Wheelchair accessible

Wheelchair accessible common areas

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Please note that Hotwire cannot guarantee the level of services offered at a property and/or if services are operational at the time of visit. Services may be closed due to seasonality reasons and/or may be closed for renovation.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please change the currency drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to US Dollars (and if applicable the country to United States). Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Following the above, what is the HOTWIRE rate per nite of this property in US Dollars?

Were you turned down with the bidding above or have you have not tried bidding yet?

I used the HOTWIRE link to book this.

Feedback from BetterBidding.com members helped me identify my mystery hotel as Club Quarters Downtown.

I like this location because it's the first stop for shared ride service from Newark and the last pickup on the way back - this means I have the shortest ride of all passengers (both ways). The hotel also features free WiFi in the rooms and is close to the subway.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Hi everyone,

I normally use the SuperShuttle for ground transfers EWR/Manhattan. However, on a recent HOTWIRE purchase (using the BetterBidding link) I got a "deal" on Go Airlink NYC...

I'm starting to have regrets:

- Vouchers require reservations.

- Their websites is good for purchases, but not redeeming vouchers

- Telephone Customer Service say I don't need a reservation

Does anyone else have experience with Go Airlink NYC?

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this CQ property during the busy Summer period. Glad you are pleased with the result and are looking forward to your stay.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this HOTWIRE listing? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I'm not familiar with Go Airlink NYC. I would definitely make a reservation, especially for the ride back to the airport as the shared van services don't always stop at every hotel unless there is a confirmed pick-up. It would not surprise me if service from the airport is on a 'show up' basis, but as i'm not famiilar with this company, i can't say for certain how it works.

However, in the future i think there are better transportation options than a shared service to/from the airport(s) that are competitively priced.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]