CA Ventura Four Points Sheraton

CUinAZ
By CUinAZ,
in

The Four Points Sheraton was quite nice. The personnel was very friendly and although they initally had us booked on the ground floor, we requested the top (3rd floor) and were granted our request.

The rooms were very clean and SPACIOUS. Sadly, the beds were not very comfortable. One of them had duct tape on the side of the box spring. BUT it was a very comfortable room for the price.

Thanks again for your website. The information here is priceless. :)

• 1 year later...

Stayed 1 night on 7/23/06. Hotel room was nicer than expected from the looks of hotel exterior---like a Holiday Inn w/ outside hallways; lobby is a bit dated. Hotel is located directly across from the Ventura marina; very convenient since we had 8am tour to Channel Islands Nat'l Park w/ Island Packers (minutes away @ marina by car; too far to walk).

Did not eat in hotel restaurant as there are plenty of places to eat nearby. Hotel staff very friendly & hard-working; front desk mentioned that our room was pre-paid by Priceline. Originally was assigned a smoking King room on 1st floor, asked for & given a non-smoking room on 3rd floor. Hotel was not full that day. Plenty of free parking; elevators efficient; complimentary USA Today.

Room is large, clean, comfy bed w/ lots of pillows (European square pillows), mini-refrig, balcony, bathroom sink is outside of tub/shower/toilet area.

Nice touch---energy conservation w/ room key. When not in room; all lights off & A/C turned down.

The only negative is the the noisy wall A/C unit. We turned it off @ night & opened our balcony door for fresh air.

Very nice stay; would return again. :)

• 4 years later...

I thought I'd update the reviews for the Four Points Sheraton in Ventura.

We really liked the hotel and the area. The staff was overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. There was absolutely no "Priceline Prejudice." We knew we would be checking in quite late on a Saturday night, so I called in the afternoon and asked if it was possible to get a third-floor room. The clerk said the hotel was full and they couldn't grant our request, but were very nice about it. When we arrived about 11pm, the desk clerk smilingly told us she had a third-floor room with a harbor view ready for us -- either great luck or someone made a note when I called. They also said "no problem" when I asked for a 12:30 pm checkout.

Parking and internet are free, which are very much appreciated in a 3* hotel. The location is in south Ventura, right at the harbor, with an assortment of restaurants and shops nearby. We had our bikes with us and enjoyed a great 17 mile ride early Sunday morning. After checkout, we had lunch at Brophy Bros., which has probably one of the best views in Ventura, and very decent food as well.

The room was spacious and comfortable, still with a mini--frig and coffee setup, flat-screen TV and a firm but comfortable bed. The sink/dressing room/closet area was roomy and well-lit, but the vanity a little small for the space and definitely not comfortable for two people at the same time. Bathroom was clean; water pressure a bit uneven but fine.

We didn't use the pool, spa, fitness room or restaurant since we were there for such a short time, but I would definitely enjoy staying there again. The grounds seem well-kept. The air conditioner is still amazingly noisy (see above review) but we found a fan setting that worked for the night. I suspect true cooling is not needed very often on this part of the coast, so air conditioner replacement is probably a low priority.

All in all, a good stay and a good Priceline deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]