Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Affinia Manhattan

bond316
By bond316,
in

Is it just me or are rates pretty expensive tonight? Maybe internet week and graduation are causing the high rates?

I am interested in staying in CPS, Chelsea, Downtown - Financial District, ESB, HK, LES, MSG, MTE, MTW, Soho - TriBeCa, TS. Looking to maximize stars for the least price. Would love a 4* but will be happy with a 3.5 as well.

The cheapest 3.5* HOTWIRE is showing me is $211 before taxes and fees...

Thanks for the help!

Is it just me or are rates pretty expensive tonight? Maybe internet week and graduation are causing the high rates?

I am interested in staying in CPS, Chelsea, Downtown - Financial District, ESB, HK, LES, MSG, MTE, MTW, Soho - TriBeCa, TS. Looking to maximize stars for the least price. Would love a 4* but will be happy with a 3.5 as well.

The cheapest 3.5* HOTWIRE is showing me is $211 before taxes and fees...

Thanks for the help!

Now the cheapest 3.5* HOTWIRE is showing $159. Which I believe is the Helmsley New York.

Looking to maximize stars for the least price.

Please be a bit more specific (since you don't have the luxury of 'fishing' for this stay)... what is your maximum bid for this stay? How high do you want to bid for a 4* hotel before lowering your rating to 3.5*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please be a bit more specific (since you don't have the luxury of 'fishing' for this stay)... what is your maximum bid for this stay? How high do you want to bid for a 4* hotel before lowering your rating to 3.5*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Max bid i was thinking 125. So lets just stick with 3.5*

At the 3.5* level yo have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, HK, LES, MSG, MTE, MTW, Soho...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* TS...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, HK, LES, MSG, MTE, MTW, Soho, TS...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

I intentionally left off one re-bid zone in the last cycle of bidding so that if the above is rejected you still have some options at the 3.5* level... just remember which re-bid zone it is that you didn't use.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I was not able to bid for a room on 5/18. However, I used this strategy on PRICELINE to bid on a room for tonight, 5/27.

My offer was accepted by the 3.5* Affinia Manhattan.

Offer Price: avg. per room, per night $95.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $95.00

Taxes & Fees: $27.59

Total Charged to Card: $122.59

Thanks for the help!

• 5 weeks later...

Thereuare, can you please explain why you recommended to bid on TS separately? I think that I understand the bidding process, but that move confused me a little and maybe there is something that I missed when reading the link about the bidding process. Thanks!

The strategy above was specific for this bid..

There was very little chance of something being successful in the TS zone between $80-$110, so the first bidding cycle included all the zones where it was somewhat possible to win something at $110 or less... if that was rejected we would have then tried TS anyway just to exhaust the outside possibility that there was something available at $110 or less... then we included all zones from $113-$125. If we would have included TS in the first cycle of bidding, then we would have had to have waited 24 hours before trying the last round of bidding (from $113-$125)

Hope that makes sense and clarifies the logic used in the strategy above. If you need help with an upcoming stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]