Is there any way to to ensure you get two beds when buying

Noob_888
By Noob_888,
in

It doesn't seem like there is a selection for that? And what can you as a customer do to ensure or try to get an upgrade, complimentary or not after you find what the hotel you got? I know trying to call the hotel may help, but aside from that are there any tricks or tips after you book?

There are no guarantees with upgrades or bed type, given the discounted rates that HOTWIRE and PRICELINE offer. You can call the hotel and ask, but they can say no. Some have tipped at check-in, especially in Vegas, but there's no guarantees with that. The only guarantee of upgrades is booking directly.

As for bed type, some HOTWIRE listings do allow bed choice, but this feature is fairly infrequent. PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Recently we booked a room for 2 adults and 2 children using Hotwire. The hotel gave us a room with a King bed and a sofa bed. When we contacted Hotwire support about it this is the reply I got from them saying the room we got will sleep the 4 persons we booked.

Hotwire Reply:

"I called the hotel and spoke with Jen who told me you were in a king suite. As that room does supply one king bed and one pull out, I cannot offer you any compensation for this booking, as it sleeps the number of guests booked. Hotwire guarantees all rooms booked will accommodate the appropriate number of guests in each room, based on the total number of guests and the number of rooms requested at the start of the search. "

jmyman04 - The same thing happened to us with a Hotwire booking.

The front desk clerk said Hotwire had booked it that way. But when I begged to have two beds, she waited until 6 when unpaid reservations could be cancelled and found us a room with two doubles.

I felt like she went the extra mile, so I wrote to the corporate website and told them so. I also mentioned her in a TripAdvisor review.

So it is possible to get what you need, but you need to ask nicely. Usually, if they can do it, they will.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]