Priceline Hotel: 3* Cincinnati (Airport CVG - Florence) Doubletree Cincinnati Airport

petrel800
By petrel800,
in

Headed up to Indy 500, but have to stop in the Dayton, OH area the Sat before. Usually, I stay in the Lexington area, but I was unable to crack the pricing for my normal hotels in the area, and wasn't willing to part with more $$$. Decided another hour in the car wouldn't be an issue, besides, we can just sleep in a little longer Sat morning. Anyhow, wound up with one not currently on the list, 3* Doubletree, hotel appears to be on the airport grounds.

2 Rooms

Bid $45, $47, won on $50/room.

Total cost $123.46 or $61.73/room.

As always, used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links provided.

I tried both a 3.5 star and 3 star bidding strategy for Lexington, KY. I was not willing to stay in Lex S.

Started with 3.5 star, we figured why not give it a go, more of a hail mary, but worth a shot. Bid twice, once 5/15 and final time 5/17. 3 bids, Lex North, Lex East, and South Lex. Bid up to $60.

Typically we stay 3 star in the Lex N zone, this is where I figured we'd land, 3 bids, Lex North, South Lex, finally Lex E (was willing to take that chance). Tried initially on 5/15 and finally on 5/17, highest bid I offered was $54 on the 17th.

Bailed on Lexington as I saw on Hotwire, the Cincinnati Airport area looked like an area that was ripe for a deal. Used priceline to grab a room a few extra miles up the road.

As always, used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links provided.

Congrats on your success. :)

Superb deal for this Doubletree property, plus free Doubletree cookies at check-in are always a plus. Hope the hotel will work well for your travel plans.

Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]