Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa

bluedog925
By bluedog925,
in

I am completely stoked to get this property at this rate of $118 PER NIGHT! A four-star which I believe to be the Sheraton on HOTWIRE has been holding at $182 for the last couple weeks for these dates, and today on HOTWIRE it was showing as a one-day sale for $131, so I figured I'd get it cheaper on PRICELINE. THERE IS A $26 RESORT FEE, but all the hotels in this area have a resort fee similarly priced.

I originally bid $112 for RESORT in Kaanapali-Lahaina area, bid was rejected.

I added Kahului and upped the bid to $118 and got it.

Airfares have also dropped today after climbing for the last week.

:lol:

This is my all-time best deal for Maui. Four years ago we landed the Westin for $125 a night, three years ago the Hyatt for $185.

Heck, I remember the Sheraton going for $154 on HOTWIRE four years ago and that was a great deal then.

I've checked many reviews for this property and the hotel seems to be in good shape and not under construction for this time period.

I DID USE YOUR PRICELINE link TO PLACE MY BID. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR VALUABLE INFO OVER THE YEARS

Congratulations on your success!

GREAT deal for this property, and the savings certainly add up quickly on a 9 nite stay! Glad to see you were able to take advantage of this deal well ahead of your trip and are looking forward to your arrival.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for posting! I have been looking for a hotel for the second week of September and just booked this deal too! On the first try.

Thanks again.

Welcome to Betterbidding and thank you for posting. :)

It would be greatly appreciated if you could post the details of your win as a separate thread.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

It's so nice to see others getting this deal, too. In my excitement I forgot to mention that the room is $118 per night, total $1,275.75. Sub-total was $1,107

plus $168.75 fees. Also, I did opt to take the $5 per night travel insurance for this trip since it is as competitive as the other insurance I usually buy

separately.

This is probably the 5th of 6th time winning a great property in Hawaii via Priceline or Hotwire.

I wish you all the best. I realize I erred once again. I stated that the total price for 9 nights was $1,275. Actually, it was ONLY $1,230, or a whopping $136 per night INCLUDING taxes!! The $1,275 figure includes the $5 per night insurance I bought through PC's web site, just in case.

One thing to keep in mind with Hawaii prices, particularly Maui, high season is December through March [or April if Easter falls in April] so finding a rock-bottom price from Christmas through Easter is not quite as easy to come by. Hotels are usually pretty full during that time period, so not as much incentive to reduce to a lower rate. I wish you good success. : )

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]