Hotwire Hotel: 2 1/2 * Universal Idrive north

brooker32
By brooker32,
in

Hi all, haven't been on this site in a while, we're planning a trip to Orlando Oct 28 for a week. I found this 3* with the following amenities. Previously we got the Four Points Sheraton Studio City and loved it. The description is close to known hotels but not exactly. What is your best prediction?

3-star Hotel in Universal Orlando - I-drive North

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions> High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Should also add there is a resort fee, and its recommended by 75% of Hotwire customers.

Looks like Best Western Orlando gateway maybe?

Please change the currency drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to US Dollars (and if applicable the country to United States). Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

What is the nightly rate in US Dollars?

I imagine it is probably to early to be using HOTWIRE for a late Oct booking.

If the price is good and your plans are firm, why would it be too early?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases. (and the US version of each)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, looked again, changed to US dollars. Its $50 per night. Everything else is the same as stated, request is for 2 adults, one teenage child. I always thought that Hotwire is mainly for shorter notices, so that hotels can fill rooms as that date gets closer. Thats why I was wondering if its better to wait, my vacation is still 6 months away.

Hotels often use PRICELINE and HOTWIRE to book rooms which they think will otherwise go unsold. At any given point in time, hotels have a good idea of what occupancy levels they should have 'on the books' based upon historical data, specific events taking place on the specific dates, number of days left to book the room, etc, etc. and constantly adjust rates based upon their current occupancy levels vs. where they think the should be. (and use computer programs to assist in rate management)

If 6+ months ahead of a given date a hotel's computer predicts they should be at 40% occupancy but the hotel is only at 30% occupancy, they will lower 'regular' rates (and/or possibly offer deeply discounted inventory to the opaque suppliers) in order to bring occupancy levels up to where they should be. If these lower rates (and booking thru the opaque suppliers like PRICELINE / HOTWIRE) spur demand and the hotel is soon at 50% occupancy, while the computer predicts they should still be at 40%, rates will then rise and the hotel may pull the inventory offered to the opaque providers (or not discount the rate offered to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE so deeply)

Are your dates 10/28-11/4?

A property with the exact amenities above has not yet been reported to the board, the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Orlando Universal Studios OR a new amenity set and upgrade of the International Palms Resort would be a guess, but with so many hotels in this area i'm far from certain.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes those are the exact dates. The last time I book in Oct 09 I was pretty certain it was the Sheraton City and it was. This time I am a little more aprehensive because I am not as confident and I don't want to be stuck with a property that is not that nice for 7 days. I may keep watch for a bit longer before I commit. Based on what you have seen on this site is a 3* for $50 per night a reasonable price? I believe back in 09 we had the Shearaton for $35 or so a night. How is PRICELINE compared to HOTWIRE? I have never used it.

PRICELINE is generally slightly-to-moderately cheaper, but if you are concerned with the property, HOTWIRE allows one to possibly make an educated guess as to which hotel is showing. With PRICELINE, you have to be willing to accept any of the possible hotels at the star rating selected within the zone selected.

In terms of '09 and in general, rates can vary significantly from day-to-day, but rates in general have gradually moved higher since '09.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

$42 per night through the HOTWIRE link on this site

I need help identifying a hotel with the following amenities:

It's rated on Hotwire as a 2 1/2 star with 3.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor. International Palms Resort look about right? It matches the ratings on TA.

Free Parking

Free Internet

Free internet access in all rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Please do keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The International Palms Resort would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]