Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (SeaWorld - International Drive - Convention Center) Rosen Shingle Creek

shayde
By shayde,
in

Heading to Orlando this weekend to visit the Universal parks with my parents, who are visiting from Pennsylvania. (We live in Tampa, so it's an easy drive - and no problem to leave our hotel booking for the last minute.)

I checked this forum for past wins, and scoped out the free rebid zones. Based on past wins, I initially started with a bid in the Universal area, but figured I could get a better price by adding the SeaWorld/International Drive area, which isn't far from Universal, since so many people have been getting the Rosen Shingle Creek there.

1st bid: $45 for 4-star in Zone 12 (Universal); rejected (I got a warning saying there was a low chance of my bid being accepted, but proceeded anyway)

2nd bid: $50 for 4-star in Zones 12 (Universal) and 11 (SeaWorld/Int'l Drive); accepted

I booked two rooms for one night; total with taxes and fees came to $121.16.

I've stayed at the Rosen Shingle Creek before; it's a nice hotel. (My husband's company had a conference here; their special conference rate was over $100/night, so the Priceline win is really a great deal.) The rooms are large and include a mini refrigerator, and there's a Publix grocery store across the road from the hotel's entrance - so we can pick up drinks and snacks there instead of at the overpriced convenience store at the hotel. The only downsides are $16/night parking (which seems way overpriced, as the hotel sits on a huge property with a golf course - $16/night is what you'd expect to pay for parking at a downtown hotel rather than someplace that has plenty of land and is located off the beaten path); it's a bit of a hike from the parking lot to the hotel entrance (the lot abuts the nearby convention center rather than the hotel itself); and as a short person (5'1"), I can't stand their sinks - the countertop seems a bit high, the bowl is huge, the faucet is way at the back, and the counter bumps out in front, so I have to stand on tiptoes to brush my teeth. But those are minor complaints considering the price I paid and the overall quality of the hotel.

Thanks for providing this great forum, which is a huge help with bidding strategies. And yes, I made sure to use the PRICELINE link on this site to book our hotel! :)

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received a great deal for this property and, for the price, are pleased with the results. Sounds like the 'inconveniences' are somewhat minor and not a deal breaker considering the rate paid.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]