Priceline Hotel: 3* Toronto (Downtown) Delta Chelsea

cunparis
By cunparis,
in

I probably bid too much, I bid $60 for 4* and didn't get it so I bid $80 for 3*, expecting to get a 4*. I probably should have bid $60 or $70 for 3*. But we were in a hurry so we weren't too disappointed. Parking is $22/day seems expensive but QuickBook had hotels at $130 so we're still cheaper. No complaints. First time priceline worked for us after trying in 3 cities (NY & Boston). Thanks betterbidding!!!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Always good to hear that users are happy with their results.

Indeed this is a new hotel for our lists, so thank you for adding it. More likely than this hotel only releases rooms at the last minute, a greater likelihood exists that this is one of the more expensive hotels (by Priceline rates) in the area and the admitted overbid brought up this result rather than one of the others which are typicall less expensive. Given that most users start their bids low and gradually increase, this hotel seldom had a chance of being received since another hotel accepts before hitting the threshold for this one.

Cunparis, as you realized, you should usually lower your bid amount when lowering your star rating, rather than increase it (although i'm sure there was a bit of panic or desperation involved given the last minute nature of this reservation). This is a common error, and if anyone wants to read more on this they can do so here: Lower Your Bid if You Lower Your Star Rating.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]