Hotwire Hotel: Offer is only good for one room? Northbrook - Mt Prospect

bluesramsrock
By bluesramsrock,
in

Curious if anyone has ever seen this situation. I'm looking for a couple of rooms in Chicago for one night June 2nd. When I put in just one room I get offered a 3.5* hotel with 100% Hotwire recommendations (I think there are only two reviews) this hotel is not yet identified on this site. The problem is that when I put in two rooms the hotel is not offered. Can anyone advise why the hotel has this strategy? I'm thinking of buying one room and then going back and trying to buy another one but the obvious risks are a concern. Thanks for any insights you can offer.

$59 per room per night

Northbrook - Glenview - Mt. Prospect area hotel

Recommended in 100 % of Hotwire customer reviews

Yes, this does happen from time to time... sometimes the user makes the first purchase and then when they go back for the second purchase the hotel is no longer shown... other times the same hotel is offered and they're able to pick-up the second room without any issues.

There are a variety of reasons for this scenario, the first and most obvious is that the hotel only has one room available at the deeply discounted HOTWIRE rate (and in this scneario a 2nd room may not be available when trying to make the 2nd purchase). Another scenario may be that a hotel's own research shows that guests who purchase multiple rooms are more likely to leave the hotel as a group and therefore less likely to use in-house services such as an onsite restaurant, internet, room service, movies, etc, etc... therefore they may offer deep discounts only on solo room bookings since there is an increased chance they will make additional revenue from other services (whereas offering deep discounts on multiple rooms they may feel they're giving the room away cheap and won't see any additional revenue).

If you'd like help trying to identify the property offered please let us know the details (star rating, city, zone, dates, room rate, amenities associated with the property) and we'll have a look.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, this does happen from time to time... sometimes the user makes the first purchase and then when they go back for the second purchase the hotel is no longer shown... other times the same hotel is offered and they're able to pick-up the second room without any issues.

There are a variety of reasons for this scenario, the first and most obvious is that the hotel only has one room available at the deeply discounted HOTWIRE rate (and in this scneario a 2nd room may not be available when trying to make the 2nd purchase). Another scenario may be that a hotel's own research shows that guests who purchase multiple rooms are more likely to leave the hotel as a group and therefore less likely to use in-house services such as an onsite restaurant, internet, room service, movies, etc, etc... therefore they may offer deep discounts only on solo room bookings since there is an increased chance they will make additional revenue from other services (whereas offering deep discounts on multiple rooms they may feel they're giving the room away cheap and won't see any additional revenue).

If you'd like help trying to identify the property offered please let us know the details (star rating, city, zone, dates, room rate, amenities associated with the property) and we'll have a look.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

3.5* 100% Positive Reviews - Northbrook - Mt Prospect (The listing is not being offered right now but it was this morning? Perhaps they don't like the attention!)

Free Parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

My guess is that this may have been the Crowne Plaza Northbrook.

I'm very familiar with this area; I'd be happy to offer suggestions. How many people are in your party/how many rooms?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the offer Aaron. Taking my teenage daughter and some of her friends for a concert at the Rosemont on Saturday night June 2nd. In a perfect world I'd like the Aloft which has a nice vibe and is nearby but I'm not stuck on one area. We will also be going to Arlington Racetrack on Saturday afternoon so we're very flexible in terms of where we end up. Your thoughts are appreciated. Breakfast included would be a nice perk. Thanks again.

Let me take a look and I'll be back momentarily with some ideas/options. The Northbrook area is really very nice, but it's a bit of a drive out to Rosemont. Old Orchard Mall (in Skokie, short drive from much of the Northbrook/Glenview zone) is a good spot if you're looking for an outdoor shopping mall that offers a lot of the kind of things that are found on Michigan Ave. downtown. My concern with staying near ORD is that a lot of the hotels charge for parking.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

When searching for 2 rooms/2 adults/2 children (if there are more people in than this in your party, you may not see these or may see different), I'm seeing:

A possible match for the Sheraton Suites Elk Grove Village; if it's the Sheraton Suites, that property has recently undergone a significant renovation.

I'm also seeing what appears to be the Crowne Plaza Northbrook for $54, and a possible match for either the Westin North Shore or Renaissance North Shore for $74, although those two properties - I think - start to get a bit too far from the places you need to be.

HOTWIRE doesn't have any 4*'s in Schaumburg on the discount side, but on the regular rate side, it has the Hyatt Schaumburg for $75.66. I've stayed at that property previously and liked it quite a bit - it has a garden in back that's used in the hotel restaurant. It's a very bland hotel on the outside, but the interior of the hotel was a nice surprise. An IKEA store is right behind the hotel, and that's both fun to browse around and has a great (and quite reasonable) food court.

Are you a party of 2adults/2 children? If more, I'd be happy to re-run the search.

The $75.66 rate on the Hyatt is on Expedia or HOTWIRE's regular rate, but in terms of the potential Sheraton Suites, that's showing when searching for 2 rooms and 2 adults/2 children - There is a 3.5* in the Arlington Heights/Elk Grove village area, with free parking, indoor pool, smoke free, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, internet, golf. That listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but my guess is that this may be a new amenity set for the Sheraton. What appears to be a possible match for the Holiday Inn Express is also showing for $53. Please let us know if that would be of interest and we would be happy to point it out on HOTWIRE.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing what would appear to be the Aloft by ORD. The list of hotels that have been reported to the board can be found here: Hotwire Hotel List Illinois. Please do let us know if you have any questions, and let us know what you decide.

If you are going to Rosemont and Arlington though, I'd suggest looking at more the NW burbs (Arlington Heights area, or Schaumburg.)

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]