HOU Houston Hobby Midsize Hertz

dannon
By dannon,
in

Hi, I needed a rental for 1 day at HOU Houston Hobby airport . I started my bid at $45 -was rejected - got the message saying $56 was a good chance and $58 was a great chance. I could not wait another day , so I went ahead with $56 and got the midsize Hertz. Here are the details :

Your Offer Price: $56.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 1

SubTotal: $56.00

Taxes and Fees: $15.53

Total Rental Car Charges: $71.53

Was a great deal. The Hertz website had the intermediate for $136 incl taxes. I think their Intermedite is a PL midsize because they dont have a midsize option. So ,saved 50%. The lowest rate for any other rental was Budget, which was $93 incl taxes. [ Thrifty and Advantage were $81 - but they are just unacceptable to me , atleast at HOU airport with long long lines and hours between shuttle buses]

As always, used the PRICELINE bidding link from here. Thanks.

Also - just a note : Whenever I have used PL for HOU , I always have gotten Hertz.

A follow up to my car rental. Got the Toyota Matrix - which is a midsize at Hertz. Had 32,000 miles. Fine for the short 1 day trip. But customer service has to speed up. I reached early and could beat the lines. But later , as I was exiting - it was a loooong line stretching back outside the door.

Return was smooth, fast and easy . Hertz shuttle buses are very frequent. That's a plus.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]