LAX (Los Angeles) --> HNL (Oahu)

Bettyluna
By Bettyluna,
in

I am looking to bid for 7 tickets going from Los Angeles to Honolulu between 08/13/2012 - 08/21/2012. The cheapest ticket is offered by Hotwire at 505$. I tried to bid $385 +taxes= $467.

I am not able to change the dates because I already booked the hotel, I tried to use 2 different airports (the others are faraway from me) but the answer was the same.

Any advices??? My budget for these tickets is around $3,100.

Here is the answer I received from Priceline:

Best Deals Available for This Trip

Although we could not find an airline partner willing to accept your specific request, here are the best Name Your Own Price options and the lowest priced published fares available for this trip. These options are only available for a limited time and all tickets are subject to availability.

For your requested trip

Los Angeles, CA to Honolulu, HI

leaving Monday, August 13 and returning Tuesday, August 21

$505

If you can raise your offer price we can get you tickets for $505 per ticket including taxes and fees.

Your outbound flight will depart in the middle of the day between 10am - 6pm

and the return flight will depart in the morning between 6am - 12 noon.

$513

If you can fly during off-peak hours on your returning flight we can get you tickets for $513 per ticket including taxes and fees.

Your outbound flight will depart in the middle of the day between 10am - 6pm

and the return flight will depart in the evening between 4pm - 10pm."

I am not able to change the dates because I already booked the hotel...

Did you book the hotel through PRICELINE or HOTWIRE? If so, please share your win to the board so that the information can help others.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The HOTWIRE rate of $505 is an 'opaque' offer, just like your PRICELINE bid would be (the exact flight times and routing won't be known until after purchase) and i'm not sure just how much better than this you'll be able to get. The discount you're seeking should be based upon 'retail' rates which are currently ~$590/tix for these dates.

Two years ago this route in July could be had for the mid-$400's, last year it was the mid-$500's. While airfare prices seem to often have a mind of there own and is frequently a crapshoot, my goal would be to purchase these tix if/when they get to the low-mid $500's.... at the high $400's i'd jump on them (but it's unknown if prices will get to this level... thus the crapshoot ;) ). If retail rates get to this level you can see HOTWIRE's opaque rate and/or bid on PRICELINE to see of those rates have gone down as well (they may not necessarily move in tandem with retail rates), but at that price you also have to consider if to save $50/tix it's worth not picking your flight times and layover (ie - if a low $500's fare is non-stop you may sooner just want to take it and not have to deal with the chance of a layover or poor flight times)

Your $3100 budget for 7 tickets... do you have a basis to use on why you think tickets should sell for this amount (as opposed to what you'd like to pay)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This evening I was bidding again for my 7tickets to Honolulu, and ......

Summary of Charges

Airline Ticket Offer Price: $397.00 per ticket

Govt Taxes, Airline Fees and Agent Fees: $45.85 per ticket

Number of Tickets: 7

Airline Ticket Shipping & Handling: $0.00 (Electronic Ticket)

Airfare Subtotal: $3099.95

Total Trip Cost:

(All prices are in US dollars) $3099.95

Baggage fees are not included in your trip cost.

Lowest Published Airline Ticket Price: $609.40 per ticket

Your Total Airline Ticket Cost: $442.85 per ticket

Savings Per Airline Ticket: $166.55

Total Trip Savings*: $1165.85 (You Saved 27%)

* This is your savings on the total cost of your airline ticket(s) when compared to the lowest published airfare available at time of booking for the itinerary and airline shown.

I am so happy!!!! 5cents under my budget! My first offer was 385, the second 390, the third 392 and the last one 397$.

Here are the flight details:

Departing Flight Information - Monday, August 13, 2012

Delta Air Lines

Flight 1149

5h 50m, 2551 mi

From

Los Angeles Intl Airport (LAX)

Los Angeles, CA

Departs: 4:55 PM

To

Honolulu Intl Airport (HNL)

Honolulu, HI

Arrives: 7:45 PM Aircraft

Boeing 757-300(Jet)

Economy/Coach Class

Returning Flight Information - Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Delta Air Lines

Flight 1150

5h 25m, 2551 mi

From

Honolulu Intl Airport (HNL)

Honolulu, HI

Departs: 7:00 AM

To

Los Angeles Intl Airport (LAX)

Los Angeles, CA

Arrives: 3:25 PM Aircraft

Boeing 757-300(Jet)

Economy/Coach Class

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]