Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Atlantic City - Cape May (Absecon) Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North

86x
By 86x,
in

I just bid $59 for a property for two nights, and on the final approvals page it came to $59+ $59 + $10 = $128, plus taxes and fees. The $10 "travel insurance" is mandatory? Has it always been, and I just didn't notice that?

Couldn't get 4 stars for $90, Couldn't get 3.5 stars for $70,

Next bid was a success. 2.5 stars, $59, Fairfield Inn.

I'm thrilled! Happy because it's $129 a night for a weekend summer stay so I saved "55%" according to priceline. However, why don't they advertise what I really saved? Considering the mandatory $5 travel insurance and the priceline fee which really ought to be factored in, I still saved about 40%. Still great! I just like a little bit of transparency. I won't tell my friend we paid half price if we really didn't. I'll talk up priceline for what it's worth, but I also must be completely honest. I don't know how priceline is allowed to tell me that I saved 55% when I know it's honestly 40%.

Congratulations, this is a great property with a nice outdoor pool, free parking, free breakfast, free wifi. It is one of the closest hotels to Atlantic City on the White Horse Pike in Absecon. The $5 insurance fee is not mandatory, did you inadvertantly check off the box (as I did once)?

$129 x .45 = $58.05 so you saved 55% before fees and taxes. Rack rate guests will pay about 14% in taxes on top of the $129 rate, so the walk out price is around $147. Tell your friend you saved $70 and they will think you're a genius.

PS, PRICELINE's minimum sleeping accommodation is a room with a double bed, so if you need something else, call the hotel and ask them nicely if you can get what you prefer. If your travels take you to Atlantic City, check out the White House Sub Shop, I drove 12 miles out of my way and back to get a White House Special yesterday, it was worth it. It might be a little cool for the beach, but I have used the beach about two blocks north of the Ventnor border, there is decent street parking and no beach tags are needed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]