Austria Vienna Marriott City Centre

Braindrain
By Braindrain,
in

I stayed here for 3 nights via a Priceline bid of $105 USD/night, which is an exceptional price. The hotel is located on the edge of the Ring, right beside the Radisson/SAS Palais hotel. The closest metro stations were just a few blocks away and was quite convenient. During the days when I was walking through the ring, I would return to the hotel in the afternoon to rest and set out again later.

The hotel bills itself as a 5 star hotel. The lobby is very nice and the service exceptional. I received a room with 2 twin beds. The room itself was small (but average sized for Europe) and furnished in the usual Marriott colour scheme. One beef I had was that their mini-fridge was the automatic kind so I couldn't use it for other drinks I purchased elsewhere. To get in the room, you need to insert your key card into the elevator.

The two main problems I had were smoking and air conditioning. Although I received a non-smoking room, it was on a smoking floor. Due to how their ventilation system works, I could smell the stench of smoke loud and clear every morning. A TIP : Ask for a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor. I didn't realize this until the next morning but didn't ask for a change of room since I was only there for another 2 more nights.

The air conditioning was non-existent. Although I set the controls to maximum, I couldn't tell there was any cooling whatsoever. I reported my problem to the reception but nothing was done. Again, I didn't move because I was here for a short time but at the end of the 3 nights, I sure wished I did move.

I tried their Sports bar/restaurant. The food is just like going into a TGIF and is surprisingly good. It would definitely rival any similar restaurant in N America. The prices were also very competitive and the portions huge.

I would normally give this hotel 4 stars but the absence of air conditioning lowers it to a 3. I would NOT stay here again, or maybe only in the winter.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]